Tuesday, April 24

Tagged, & accepted, ~with humble reservation.

I was tagged some days ago, for a Thinking Blogger Award, by Julia of Camille's Place. At first I was shocked, & very humbled. Julia has such talents in her needleworking & her beautiful designs, & skills, I felt inadequate.


But, I was once taught it was very rude to ignore, or belittle a compliment, as it conferred an insult upon the giver, & I have come to respect that over the course of my life. It is truly, far nicer, to graciously accept a compliment, than insult the donor, by belittling it, or dismissing it.



And though it has taken me 6 days to work out how to get the symbol onto my blog, I was not ignoring, or disrespecting the award. I am just 'computerly challenged!'

And, it is very difficult to single out 5 people to 'pass the torch to', as it were. Because there are so many people, whose Blogs I so enjoy & respect, and who make me think, that is very hard to choose only 5.

So, I sincerely would never wish to insult, or diminish, any blogs I read, but here are my choices, in no 'order of merit' as all blogs I read, listed or not, give me great pleasure & I feel I always come away with 'food for thought'.

So, here in random order:

Molly, of Molly Bawn's Chronicles, whose posts always offer deep thought & often, much laughter.

Joyce, of J's Quilting Blog whose wonderful fun, exciting quilt explorations make me dream & imagine!

Joke, of the Joke Blog, who never fails to make me think, & often makes me laugh!

Nutmeg, of Another Nutter, who has made me think from the beginning of my 'bloglife'.

My Float of My Float, who has made me think, laugh & enjoy reading what her 'float is, whenever she chooses to post.

I feel as if I am betraying my alltime favourite blogs, but I cant possibly single out only 5 to honour.

I wish to honour all the blogs I read on a regular basis, & I also love to meet new bloggers, starting out, on the amazing wonderful fellowship to be found in blogworld.

I am loathe to name people for tags, which is why I didnt tag on for the Tanya tag I received, but I challenge you all to respond with your Goals, both past & present. It was a very interesting challenge!


************************************
Tomorrow is ANZAC day. It stands for Autralia And New Zealand Armed Corp, & is honoured on both sides of the Tasman Sea, with equal respect, & sadness. It honours all the armed forces who answered the call to World War 1, World War 2, Korea, Vietnam, and any war where our Armed Forces are called to service. It is a great tradition, that I hope will never die out.


When I was a young St John's Ambulance Cadet, I never failed to march in the Dawn Service, alongside a proud Uncle. I never forgot to honour my beloved Father, & Uncles for their sacrifice for my future.

13 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on the Thinking Blogger award..!
Well deserved. Your posts of childhood memories in particular are always insightful and entertaining.
Will be thinking of you on Anzac Day.
My Dad's mum (my gran) had a younger brother who died in France in WW1 while fighting with the Australian forces, he was so very young. I respect the bravery and sacrifice made by all your country men who were involved in that 'War to end all wars'...

joyce said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll try to pass it on asap.
I was in Australia one ANZAC day and was impressed by it. My daughter lived in Byron Bay at the time and we enjoyed the parade and free scented oils that one float was handing out. Not sure what that had to do with ANZAC but I enjoyed the oil a lot any way. I think it is an important tradition. We have Remembrance Day but it doesn't have the same feel.

Molly said...

Meggie--congratulations on your award! I'm honoured that you thought of me! Although there are those who would tell you I can't think my way out of a paper bag. We'll keep their identity a secret. Bloggin/writing helps me to sort it all out, so when I post something I've edited it a few times, and what you get sounds semi-coherent...

Rowan said...

Well done for getting the Thinking Blogger award.
I've known for many years that April 25th is Anzac Day, when my daughter was born 27 years ago the first thing my Australian aunt said was that her birthday was Anzac Day and I always remember both occasions now.

Isabelle said...

Hello, Thinking Blogger. I'm just catching up with some of my favourite blogs and you've certainly been thinking a lot since I've been by. I love the story of your mysterious G! Very romantic. And sad. Ah, the things that might have been (but are probably better that way...).

sMC said...

Definitely well deserved 'Thinking Blogger'.
As regards Anzac Day, the one thing I find hard to accept nowadays is people's disrespect for the flag. I was brought up to think of it as something to respect and it should never be allowed to touch the ground, and look at what they do to it nowadays. Growing old I guess :))
AUBIRDWOMAN

Ribbonwiz said...

Well done Meggie, you did better than me, as i could not figure out how to get the symbol up..
keep up that wonderful writing, I enjoy reading about your life..
In rememberance of the Anzac's
" Lest We Forget"

Tracey Petersen said...

Congratulations and very well done! Think of your family members on ANZAC day.

Princess Banter said...

Ooooh congratulations!!! I hope you enjoyed your day off :)

riseoutofme said...

Congratulations Meggie! Well deserved!

MargaretR said...

Congratulations Meggie. Well deserved, I do enjoy your blog.

Molly said...

Meggie---clueless here on up/downloading the logo! Any hints? Soozii has a lovely post about ANZAC day. had never heard of it 'til now......