So, without further ado, I will say Thank You, for this Kreativ Blogger Award. Please go visit Street Guru, he has some interesting observations.
Then, I discovered I had been tagged by Sweet Connie W to do a Seven Random things about myself.
I have done this before but a long time ago now, so here goes again...
1. I do love quilting, but every now & then I lose the Mojo, & have dry patches.
2. Same as above, re writing. For those of you awaiting another chapter in my 'story' on my other blog... well, I do have several written in my head.
3. I really enjoy reading. The more grizzly the better. I hate to watch grizzly, & I dont like watching violence. Reading it seems to be another matter entirely. hmmmn, does this indicate the secret violence of the hidden me??
4. The older I get, the more I realise how much I will never, ever know.
5. I have very vivid dreams. Always have. Some of them are more like Nightmares. Some seem to have been recurring almost all my life, especially the locations, and settings.
6. As a girl who grew up without her father in her life, I am constantly angered by the fact that the coward, who is the father of my Granddaughter, declined to meet her when he had the choice. Also the fact that her paternal grandparents met her, pretended to be enthralled, & so loving.... then dropped her flat. For no reason that is apparent to any of us. How could they? I am almost tempted to hate them for this gross act.
I might add here, they have disappered back into the woodwork again, being careful not to have any public phone numbers or information which would locate them. They only surfaced last time because I had a public notice put in a newspaper, & some of their friends notified them- with some disbelief!
7. I am sure I could be capable of hideous acts to protect my family. Of course one never knows how one would react in any given situation, until faced with it, but my urge to protect 'my own' is very strong.
Some dark thoughts here among the 7. I usually go for lighter.
On the subject of humanity's darkness, I was reminded this morning, whilst reading Ian at I still think so, about Hitler was a man who is arguably the worst human ever .
It sparked a memory in my core, that I have the feeling every one of us, given the right opportunity or circumstance could probably be some kind of "Monster".
I dont necessarily mean a murderer, or a torturer, but some level of darkness we never think ourselves capable of, under normal circumstances.
On the other side of that equation, I also think any one of us, is capable of acts of superhuman kindness, decency and valour. The light & the dark. The good & the bad.
On to other small thoughts.
Someone asked for some close up shots of some of the Autumn Quilt.. I have still not thought of a name I could 'publish' for it! ha ha!
Here in the sunlight, filtered through leaves.
This, taken in the kitchen in the morning sun, through the window. It is fairly true to the real life colours.