So, while blushing furiously, in the humid morning air, I humbly thank you, LGS!
I was also passed a Meme, from Tanya, at Purple Giraffes. It is quite a long meme, & as Tanya points out, it is rather cruel to pass these things along!
A little Warning here. If you go to visit Tanya today, be aware that she has very NON P. C. content!!
I was always a non-joiner, but in my old age, I must be mellowing a little.
So here goes, with an added dimension.
I am going to insert some lies into this, (I pinched this idea off someone elses blog, Tracey? sorry, cant remember where now, but I found it quite amusing to read.)
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
My Beloved Brother, who can always make me laugh.
2. What were you doing at 0800?
Handstand on the patio.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Given my weight and agility, working out how to do a handstand.
4. What happened to you in 2006?
I flew to New Zealand for a fabulous holiday, & to celebrate my BB's 60th Birthday. I also began a Blog.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
"Hello, how are you feeling today?" Silently, I was thinking "I hope you have learned your lesson!"
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Water & coffee. It is early, the wine can wait for the evening. I am not a Wino, you know!
7. What color is your hairbrush?
Who wrote these questions? It is black with red tips!
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
$1 for Debra Byrnes Memoir, Not Quite Ripe.
9.Where were you last night?
Down at the local shopping centre skating in leotards around the carpark, terrifying little old ladies.
10. What color is your front door?
11. Where do you keep your change?
I donate it all to garage sale proprietors for
12. What’s the weather like today?
Humid, hot. A great day for the Home Nudist.
Bring back winter!
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor?
14. What excites you?
At my age, what doesn't. I am about to enter my second childhood!
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
As a matter of fact, yes, myself, with triple mirrors. It worked perfectly when I was 20, why not now.
16. Are you over the age of 25?
Just a tad! But mentally, I can be any age I wish. It's called oldage time travel.
17. Do you talk a lot?
Define a "Lot"
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
I have no idea what the O.C. is. I am sure I would not watch it. On the other hand if it stands for Old Codger, I watch him all the time, to make sure he doesnt go out with stains on his shirt!
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
I dont think I do. I think all the people whose name sounds like that, are Stephens. Well, I almost certain they are...
20. Do you make up your own words?
All the time.
21. Are you a jealous person?
If by jealous, you mean wishing to gouge someone's eyes out because they have more than I do, then No.
But if you mean in the sense 'I am going home to kill myself & burn my stash because your quilts are so dropdead gorgeous & wonderful & mine look like rag rugs' -well, yes.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
These questions are not for old farts are they? I dont have such a list.
25. What does the last text message you received say?
I dont have a functioning mobile phone, so I dont get txt messages.
26. Do you chew on your straw?
Depends if I am in amongst the hay. Plastic is plastic- blech.
7. Do you have curly hair?
That is a very personal question. Most of it is straight.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
On a fabulous holiday to Canada, & Germany. Either that, or I haven't woken up yet.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
There are several definitions of the word Rude. I am not sure which one to choose.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Breakfast. No it was not cereal, which I loathe! I just know it was not, nor ever could be "Plumpynut".
31. Will you get married in the future?
Good Grief no! Once is more than enough. Besides, he is still alive!
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
You Kill Me, with Ben Kingsley
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
A small teddy bear called Pipi. And 2 dogs. No, not that one!
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
Dishes? There are dishes? Gom takes care of those.
35. Are you currently depressed?
No, I take sacks of Happy Pills, washed down with gallons of wine, so I never get depressed.
36. Did you cry today?
Not yet, anyway.
37. Why did you answer and post this?
I was bullied into it by Tanya!
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey…
Well for criminy's sake. Who can tell who would do this meme?
In the past, I have tagged people, who, for reasons they are entirely legitimately entitled to, have ignored, refused, can't be bothered, or missed seeing, the tags, therefore they don't always get done.
Which is ok by me, & fair enough.
I would like to see variations on the theme. Loose approximations would be good. Feel free to make up your own lies- or even questions. Of course- only if you feel like it!!
I hereby TAG-
Aunty Evil at Evil Manor.
Mike at Tongue in Check
Lee at A Curate's Egg.
Tanya the Art Butcher
Lone Grey Squirrel, at Realm of the Lone Grey Squirrel.
I also want to tag my BB for this meme, as he might have some good answers to offer. He doesnt have a blog, but I can post his response here, if he cares to do it. Are you listening Henri??
I would like to pass on the "Totally Fabulous Award" to Lee also.
His Blog is always guaranteed to make us aware, & alert. Everyone knows we need more Lerts!
Joan Baez, Luba the Baroness, because I always loved the thought of the 3 day wedding in the South of France.