Monday, April 9

Brink

In the next two days, we will find out good, or bad news. Or perhaps, hopeful news.

I am holding the faith the news won't be as bad as we suspect it could be.

There is a special type of terror, in waiting for medical diagnosis, and ultimate prognosis.

I fear the bottom line is, the medical profession don't really know. Not their fault, just the state of medicine.

I remember my Grandmother's remedies. Not so silly, in today's newly dawning world of natural treatments, and cures.

How wonderful has Aspirin 'suddenly'  become?

But is it artificially made, or is it the original plant product?

What is real, or believable any more?

Good friends, such as those who called today, are real. They are believable.

Family are real and they are believable also.

*************

My son and I rescued, last Thursday, two small dogs,  who had been roaming our streets all day. It was dusk, and we feared they may be hit by cars. Plus the dogs seemed weary, and had obviously tired, of their day's adventures.

I dubbed them Mister Shaggy, and Mister Smooth.

We put them into our car, and took them off to our local, friendly, Vet Clinic.
They were such lovely little boys, and very friendly, and obviously well cared for.
As I went to pick up the little guy, Mr Smooth,  with the tan and cream fur, he became panicked and nipped me on the face.

Now, I am sporting a very large, & ugly, bruise on my face!

I rang the Vet's, next day,  to see if the rascals had been microchipped, and collected. Vet's nurse told me they are well known, and had gone home. She also told me that Mr Smooth is going blind, and he often nips the staff, at Vet Clinic.
They had been collected, and it seems they are renowned runaways. They come from a family of five dogs! (Lucky owners!)
They are the only two who make a run for it!

This evening there was a knock on our door, and there was Mister Shaggy, with a strange man.
"Is this your dog?" he asked my son, as Mr Shaggy went into raptures over Son. He then told us that Mr Shaggy had spent the day running over the road to our house, and back across the road to his, Mr Stranger's,  house.

I hope the little guy is ok. He is very affectionate, and very lovable. Rescue man said he would put him in the backyard with his little dog, so I hope there is no conflict.

We could not take him, as we are off to the City tomorrow.



9 comments:

Linds said...

Hold on tight, Meggie. I am praying for you and your family. Just breathe, my friend. One step at a time. Lots of love.

Unknown said...

Hugs Meggie - hoping for the outcome you're hoping for my lovely xxx

VioletSky said...

yes, the waiting can be a torture. I am hoping for the best outcome for you.

ancient one said...

Hoping for the best for you! XXOO

Cathi said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get good news. Keeping you in my thoughts!

molly said...

Fingers crossed Meggie! Hoping it's good news when it comes

Kate Quilts said...

Fingers crossed, Meggie, with all best wishes and prayers I can muster. I hope you hear good news.

Finn said...

Sending love, good thoughts for a positive outcome, and all my prayers. This valley of darkness has had way too much of your time the past months and year. It's time for the light and sunshine to engolf you and show you more m]peaceful moments. So terribly sorry that all of this is on your shoulders. Love and hugs, Finn xxoxo

Pam said...

And fingers crossed and hugs from me too.