Thursday, October 4

I wonder how I missed September?

So long since I have been on here, I have forgotten everything I thought I once knew!

I seem to live a busy life, doing nothing. I know, that is impossible, but that seems to be what happens.
I spend a lot of time tripping about with my son, as he goes off to various clinics and appointments.
He is getting a new leg cast and should have it next week. The one he has now is very ungainly, and we are shocked at how primitive it all seems- it is the 21st Century for goodness sake.

His wonderful friends had a Benefit night for him, to raise funds to help him get a better leg. The System of public health is broke and broken, and even the technicians who make the legs agree, if there was more money, much better quality legs could be provided. One poor old man has broken his shoulder, because he cannot have a waterproof leg. He falls out of his shower. It is disgusting.

Son's friends came up from the City to share lunch with us, and present him with the cheque of a huge sum of $10,000+ raised by all his friends and well wishers. It was quite overwhelming for him, and an emotional time.

This pic below is of self, Son-in-law & daughter, then SG and Granddaughter. Son is peeping out over his sister's shoulder. He is sitting with some of his friends.


This pic is of Mrs N N & I. It was a beautiful day, and we sat out in the beer garden until it was time for lunch.



Here is Son, having his lunch.


In other news, we have a new member of the family! He is a wonderful rescue dog, and he is definitely Son's dog. He is called Zane, and he has stolen everyone's hearts. He is supposedly a Corgi X Chihuahua, but who knows. All we know is, he is adorable, and follows Son about all day and sleeps on his bed. I go down to say hello, in the mornings, and Zane just lifts his head, then snuggles down into Son, as much as to say "You can go now, we are quite OK".
Zane at his Master's Foot.

I had a kiln that I had used for my doll making, and I knew I could no longer lift heavy things, nor would I use it again. I decided to sell it. I listed it on a website and waited for months, with enquiries and scammers contacting from time to time.
I just had the feeling it would eventually go to the perfect owner.
And, Yes! it did. This beautiful lady came to see the kiln, and she bought it immediately. She told me she had lost out on several bids for kilns on eBay, and was so glad to find mine.
She makes the most beautiful glass beads, and she showed us some of her treasures. She had been to USA and had traded and bought beads, and lovely little glass trinkets.

She also has an etsy shop ; http://www.etsy.com/shop/CapricornDancer

I fell in love with several of her beads and must go back to visit her shop.
I know the kiln has gone to the perfect home, and I am so happy.

I have had a foot problem, but I don't think there is anything to be done about it. A combination of arthritis and another problem, but I am very wary of any mention of surgery. They have decided they dont think it is malignant, so I can live with it.
No dancing the light fandango, but then, I never wanted to these days, anyway!

I can only wear flat shoes and have to be very careful of the fit. I don't mind though, as I once had and wore all the lovely shoes I wanted, and I am grateful, because some people never get that chance.

I must go and write some thankyou letters and reply to friends who wish to visit.
I am 'dog-sitting' Honey and Zane, as Son has taken SG off to the movies.

Simon & Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

15 comments:

Angie said...

Meggie my heart is so touched by Son's friends and their hugely successful and generous benefit/funds. Things have been brutal for you two for a long time now. Surely to God things are going to start brightening. I am immensely pleased to see you on FB and now on your blog. (And hmmmmm I do remember Que Sera Sera)

Jennifer said...

Son is very fortunate to have friends like these. Perhaps your lives are starting to turn around a little? Fingers crossed, anyway. Your old kiln was just waiting for the right buyer, it seems!

Marigold Jam said...

Glad that your son has such great friends and do so hope the new leg will prove much much better and that his life will improve. Glad he now has a little friend too. Hope your foot problem gets no worse and that even if you can't dance the fandango you will continue to be able to walk well enough. Hope things will improve now that the summer months are on the way.

molly said...

There are are such good people in the world! The not-so-good keep pushing them into the shadows, but a benefit, like the one you describe for your son, reassures us...I was delighted to see you posting again. As someone mentioned recently "we're all fighting demons!" No sooner does one problem get solved, and we think we can relax for a while, than another raises its hand and urgently shouts "Me, me,me!"
So glad things are looking up for you. I think you're an optimist at heart, Meggie, and that makes all the difference....

Thimbleanna said...

Hello Sweet Meggie -- how nice to see you post again. What a wonderful thing your son's friends have done for him! It sounds like things are looking up over there -- keep your chin up!

Catalyst said...

Is this the young man who used to have a luxuriant beard? Or have I confused him with another member of your family. Zane looks like a beautiful dog and will bring contentment.

Pauline said...

So glad to see a new post and to know that things might improve for your son. What wonderful friends to help him that way! xo

Tanya said...

Nice to see you Meggie. You look surprisingly well for all you've been through. And a new member to the family! He'll be sure to bring you all smiles

Anonymous said...

Meggie, I have a huge soft spot for rescue animals and the people who rescue them. Give him a hug from me. (The dog too! ;) )

Kate said...

Woah. What a lot of change and not all good, since I last visited your blog. So pleased to see the dear little dog that is not bringing you and your son pleasure and love. Battle on, and things can only get better!

Kate said...

Well, I have no idea how that "not" slipped in there. Of course I meant 'the dear little dog that IS bringing you and your son pleasure and love...'

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Goodness me. What lovely friends; and they'd only have done that because he is a lovely person too. You must be very proud.

The Sagittarian said...

So sorry I haven't been out and about as often as I would like, life here is pretty weird I guess but that is no excuse! Hope things work out for your family, and Zane looks very cute indeed! All the best, xx

quiltmom anna said...

Meggie,
I am so thrilled that your son's friends have been there to support you all. It is the most uplifting thing to think about-
His new dog looks like a grand pet- we all need such trustworthy friends.
I have not blogged much but I am still out here- I love the connections we have made both here and on facebook. Thanks for sharing the link to the bead woman- I do so love beads- they are my other weakness besides fabric.
Take care of that foot- you are most valuable to your loved ones.
Warmest regards,
Anna