Thursday, April 5

Real Women.

I was tagged by Molly, to do 'Real Women'.

I was, coincidentally sent an email this morning, by a friend, with a pretty good explanation of what it is to be a Real Mom/Mum/Mater/Ma, call her what you will.

But of course that doesnt exactly cover the real women, who are not mothers, but are nonetheless 'Real Women'

I say Real Women, are Flexible first and foremost, and Adaptable comes a close second.

Real Women can, & mostly do, wear any one of 100 'hats' during the course of their day.

Think of a letter of the alphabet, & you can think of a hat a woman might wear just during the normal course of her life, on any one given day.

A for Abitrator, Administrator, ...

B for Beauty, Balance Bellow..

C for Cook, Cleaner, Clipper-around-the-ears in emergency situation....

D for Director, Dishwasher, Doormat, Debater...


Right on down through the alaphabet to Z, for Zebra Crossing woman! or Zither-playing-Zany-hearted-woman....

Ok that might be stretching it, but I am sure you get what I mean.


In a partnership, I could almost guarantee it is the Male career that comes first.

The Real Woman will make sacrifices, or, to call it another name, she will become 'Flexible', & make most of the adjustments.


This is a pic of this "Real Woman" Meggie with Leo, taken by GOM, today in the sunny warm morning of our backyard.
Just before I raced off to collect my daughter J, & small Grandson D, to attend a Parents & Grandparents Morning Tea at D's Pre School.

15 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, Meggie, you're beautiful!

And Leo looks much better dry.

molly said...

Love the idea of the alphabet listing of real woman traits! Great pic of you and Leo...

Jellyhead said...

Meggie, you look lovely! I'm sure you'd be so much fun to sit and chat with!

You're right about real women - we certainly can multi-task!!

LBA said...

OoOh, a name to the face !

You've got amaingly good genes, Meggie .. although they do say, by 30 ( ?), maybe it's 50, I forget ... you get the face you *deserve*

You must have been a fabulous person all your life ;)

Joyce said...

You hit the nail on the head with what real women do. Nice to see a picure of you. It makes it feel more like talking to a real person.

Paula said...

Meggie, you are lovely.

Lois R. said...

So nice to see a pic of you. And what a good pic it is.

I love your little doll's tea set. I'm green with envy. I have several children's tea sets, but none are as pretty and complete as yours. Mine are all newer and only the tea pieces, not the gravy boat and covered dish. How wonderful.

velcro said...

Meggie you look fantastic, it's lovely to see you.

Today I am wearing the L Hat - L for Lazy mummy who likes nothing more than loafing about lurking on websites.

Angie said...

Oh Meggie, it's so lovely to finally 'meet' you!!! And aren't you just beautiful...I would just love to come visit you, GOM, Leo and Honey, for a cuppa and a chat on your patio! :D

Diana said...

Hey! Nice to see a picture of you! Having just spent a day where I flexed and flexed and flexed without coming undone, I think you are right...

Aunty Evil said...

Hi Meggie, nice to be looking at you! That looks like a lovely part of your yard to sit and relax. Leo is a real cutey!

Speaking of alphabets, I just got one for the word verification! Yikes, I wonder how many times it's gonna take me to get it right!

Molly said...

Meggie,
I love your picture with Leo. It is so fun to put a face with the words. You backyard looks lovely.

Cynthia said...

what a lovely photo. It's so nice to be able to put a face to a name.

Tracey Petersen said...

Fabulous thought on being a real woman from a woman who is beautiful of spirit and beautiful of face. Thanks, Meggie.

riseoutofme said...

Meggie ... so nice to have a picture of you to go with the words! I too have been tagged but am having SEVERE difficulty with getting my head around it! Any hints??