Monday, June 1

On a Lighter Note...

The weather is still RS. Grey skies, rain showers, cold bones.





I did see, on someone else's blog, a little list of UNimportant things that make you happy.





I liked the idea of listing six small things that bring joy or pleasure, though they may seem utterly unimportant.





So. Here are my six, ~Edited to Seven!~which I decided to do photographically as well.

This photo of Gom dancing with a dog called Cassie. She was a gorgeous standard Poodle, who belonged to his sister. When this was taken Gom denied liking any dogs! He later shared an icecream with Cassie. It makes me smile every time I see the photo, or remember them dancing.







A Port Wine Magnolia, I bought & planted which gives me great pleasure.







The way Leo puts his paw on Gom, & pats him, when he wants a tickle or some attention. Spoilt boy!



I love my sky scapes. I never tire of seeing the magic of it all.




Small teddies. I am a sucker for them, they make me smile everytime I look at them.




Baskets. Dont ask me why. I just love them.




Okay. I cheated! I used seven! The sky on a better day!


Are there six- or seven -things which, though unimportant, make your world happy?





Don McLean

17 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, I like that quilt under little teddy!
Little things matter, don't they? Once the basic needs are met, those little things are what make us happy.

quiltmom anna said...

Meggie
What a great post- lots of those pictures made me smile too.
I love baskets and teddies and the picture with GOM and the dancing dog is priceless.
We watch skies alot in our house- both day and night. We get a thing called noctaluscent(sp?) clouds that make the most lovely night sky clouds during our summer season. My husband is a huge fan..
Sleeping children often have an awww factor for me-
Things to do with our pets and looking at photos of my son and my husband give me that warmth feeling.
Beautiful quilts that inspire and pieces of art that leave me gobsmacked-
Children laughing and gorgeous flowers...
You can see my list can go on and on...
Fun post, Meggie
Regards,
Anna

heartinsanfrancisco said...

What a lovely, happiness-inducing post! I don't think I can live another day without a Portwine Magnolia tree, and the pics of Cassie and Leo are simply darling.

Thimbleanna said...

What a fun post Meggie! I'll bet lots of us have many unimportant things that make our days much better. I loved your little thing about Leo -- our cat does the same thing -- just reaches his little paw out when he needs something.

Ali Honey said...

That's great Meg. I would like to do that sometime soon too. I also like and have #s 2, 4 and 6 of yours. Teddies / toy bears need to be pleasant looking - yours are - I have seen some very scary ones.

Stay warm; stay happy!

Wendy said...

I love this post--baskets make me happy too! Someday soon I will post my 6 things and I'll link back to you. Thanks for the great idea!

Kellie said...

Finding time on Monday mornings to cook dinner so that when the kids & I finally get home from all of the after school activities all I have to do is listen to them read snuggled up on the couch! That makes me happy! And that's what I will be doing tonight around 6pm! :)

Warty Mammal said...

Lovely! I'm especially fond of Cassie.

lovelyprism said...

Your posts are always so sweet. I don't leave many comments because I don't have much to say. I just wanted you to know I read them all. :-)

Frankofile said...

I'm glad you picked up the meme, meggie. It's a great element of happiness, I'm sure, to appreciate the little joys, each day.

Jeanette said...

Gday Meggie, Great post love Cassie dancing with Gom..and just Adore your quilt the teddies are laying on...

New Yorker wannabes said...

Hey Meggie thank you for sharing this beautiful sky pictures with us!!

Have a great week and month!!
xoxo

julieQ said...

Really enjoyed your post. So many little things make life fun and more enjoyable, and I am so glad you shared yours!

The Sagittarian said...

Ah, I love that Winterwood song. That's made my day!

ancient one said...

Lovely little things that make you happy... I love your sky photos... and that last one was so beautiful...Loved this post!

Sheila said...

As I get older, I find it is usually the little things that make me happy. I like sky scapes as well, and we have had quite a variety lately with our wet Spring.
hugs
xx

Diana said...

I loved reading this post. Sometimes it's these little things that help us make it through the day.