Tuesday, November 27

Jade

Not Jade in a good way.
Jade, as in "Jaded".
Perhaps it is the weather?
We have had more rain. The garden looks quite green. Even the stumps of the grass might be attempting to grow back.

Is it dinnertime yet??
I think this is a Draecena. It came in a pot, looking very sickly. We planted it in the front garden, & it has 'reached for the sky'. Well, it has had to, because the surrounding growth has made it somewhat crowded.
The sight of lovely raindrops on the camellia leaves looks so nice. I see the grass is sneaking in there too.
This is a picture of the relucant release blossom. Flaring out freely.

We dont seem to have many buds on the Agapanthus this year. They are sulking . The white ones dont seem to have sent up one bud.

There is a lone Gladioli flowering. It has it's back turned to us, seeking the sun. I had to twist it around, to show it's face

This sunlit fern tree, with threatening rain clouds in the back ground, reminds me the fern is lucky to still have any branches. Gom has been up to mischief again. grrrrrrr!!

There is Allamanda flowering in the front garden. A Budliea, which is straggly & very untidy, also. I tried to get a nice photo of the Budlea- which I am sure I am misspelling, but the pics turned out blurred. There is also a Gardenia which smells divine in flower, but the pic of that got blurred also.

There is a Cycad in the bottom of this pic, & also a small patch of purple, which is the Budliea. The Allamanda smell nice too, but being in the front garden, we dont get the benefit of the perfume.
Shades of Jades.
Rod Stewart, The Killing of Georgie

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meggie, you have a lovely garden. Make the most of the rain, I wish we had some. The weatherman says we are going to get some but he tells lies. LOL

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Meggie , Our Agapanthus over here are not yet flowering either - but they may later, in the meantime they are fast growing over our driveway .
Your garden looks lovely -- how big is your cycad ?
As to Jade -- I am always " Jaded" - it hangs from the cord around my neck always

Pauline said...

What a lovely post to read when all here is brown and grey and wet and cold. Thanks!

Mary said...

Rain rain rain - it has not stopped up here. Good thing I love it and the cold and the mist!

I always think I don't like agapanthus (we have lots in our garden )- and then when they are all blooming around the neighbourhood I change my mind. The purple and white flowers give everything a lift. Especially after a long DRY spell.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Guess who's waiting for dinner? Adorable...

Knot Garden said...

Gorgeous photos - that blue agapanthus against the fern is a beautiful shot.

Joyce said...

So many flowers and we are starting to get snow and minus temps here. Your garden must be beautiful.

CONNIE W said...

Such beautiful flowers...and us with a cold winter just ahead. Will have to enjoy yours until our spring comes (which seems far, far away!. Love the face on your doggie.

~Bren~ said...

The pup at the table is adorable! What beautiful gardens you have...in spite of GOM!~
Your old family pictures were very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing them on you BB birthday post...he is a handsome man!

Ian Lidster said...

The sight of the lovely tropicals brightened up my day considerably. I look outside and there is wretched white stuff on the ground. That does not comfort me.

Christine Thresh said...

The pup is so cute. It is so interesting to visit the other side of the world.

Aunty Evil said...

Thanks for the walk through your garden Meggie! Very nice!

Mike said...

Lovely gardens Meggie. We are in the throes of winter now and it is great to see so much green.

ancient one said...

We're probably having the prettiest fall ever. It does not seem like Christmas is coming. I love looking at your beautiful garden. The weathermen told us we would get rain last night...NOT!! Still dry around here. (I loved the panda pictures!)

Tanya Brown said...

I'm sorry about the feelings of being jaded, but your garden looks very lovely. It also seems that your pooch has fine table manners. I don't suppose you'd care to come teach my lot?

Catalyst said...

Ooohhhhhh, Meggie, what beautiful photos. And that one of your hound is wonderful.

Tanya said...

So nice to see GREEN! We are into brown, grey and a lovely assortment of autumn colors but no green. Wonderful world of ours this is that some of us can enjoy one season and some another season at the same time.

Hope you like th Memoirs of a Geisha. I did as I have seen some of the customs mentioned.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

So lush and so lovely! What a beautiful garden.

Alison said...

Of course the Draecena is lovely.....but guess who got my attention to make a contribution at last!!

Teodo said...

Wonderful plants and wonderful flowers............
here is Autumn and the leaves are brown and red........
beautiful there and here.

your little dog is very nice and seems ready for the photografer.

ciao ciao

Linda G. said...

I enjoyed visiting your garden, Meggie. Your pictures are wonderful and I'm in awe of the plants you can grow there! A gardenia in the garden..lovely:)

Joni said...

Green green green lovely lovely lovely. The pooch made me smile. What a sweetie!

caramaena said...

I wish I had more of a green thumb. I try to leave our plants alone actually (if I want them to prosper), but your post brought to mind the one plant that I have managed to do well with - a jade plant that's still at my mum's place. I was so proud of it :)

You have a beautiful garden!

meggie said...

Really the parts of my garden are greater than the sum, somehow.
When viewed as a whole, it is rather a mess, & unruly, but I rather like it that way. I am not one for formal clipped things, & I like the casual spill of the shrubs.
I am glad it has brightened some of the northern readers, who are already into snow & harsh weather.