Friday, August 15

Busy having fun...

Having too much fun ~no time to spare for blogging.

Friend safely arrived, & here she is, hiding her under some party hat.
We began to be worried about the convincing snores that were emanating from under the hat!


Here are two Weirdo's who suddenly made an appearance in the lounge!
You can see why I was somewhat disconcerted! I suspect teeth might have been an optional extra!

A hectic day in the mall, with much pounding of the feet! I get so tired after walking on the hard concrete tiles, & my bits & pieces feet & knees begin to give way to fatigue.

I will just leave you with this image;

Gom carefully got dressed nicely today, to take us out.

It has got to the stage where I have to check him out.

We went ysterday, to visit our friend who was assaulted, in the local hospital. He had to go in for surgery to his arm, because the assault had smashed the broken bone in his forearm, resulting in lengthy surgery to repair the badly damaged bone.

The day before, Gom had driven me to the Ovens. We stopped at the local village for several items, & then returned home. Suddenly I noticed an oddity in the stance of Gom. To my utter horror I realised he had his pants on inside out! The pockets were flapping out at the sides.

Aghast, I asked him about it.

"Oh yes" he airily replied, "I realised they were on inside out, when we went into the shops."

When I reacted in an appalled fashion, he declared he had not felt like dropping his trousers to change them in the middle of the Mall!

I suppose I should be glad for small mercies.

If you should see a man walking about with the pockets of his pants flapping about on the outside, you might be sure it will be Gom!

My friend V thinks it is hilarious. I tell her not to laugh, it will only encourage him!!

We are preparing for his party tomorrow night. Maybe I will get some photos fit to share...

Seals & Crofts, Summer Breeze

28 comments:

Peggy said...

I agree with Gom. At least he didn't change in the middle of the mall. LOL Hope you get some rest and have a wonderful weekend.

Tanya Brown said...

GOM was providing a public service. There are so many people whose lives are grindingly dull. He knows that some of them may have seen him and had their thoughts diverted by the sight of his flapping pockets. They may have even devoted a considerable amount of mental energy to the matter and discussed it at dinner that night.

In his own way, he's doing what he can to ease human boredom and misery. He's a good man, GOM.

Sheila said...

Oh Meggie..never a dull moment around your house. Just be thankful it was only his pocket hanging out..!

smilnsigh said...

Awwwwwwww come on. You know we'd much rather photos from the party, which are NOT fit to share!!!!!!!!! >,-))))

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh
Photos-City-Mine
When Twilight Embraces

Anonymous said...

He would have brightened the day of so many people. Though like you, I wouldn't go encouraging repeat performances. LOL

Have a lovely party.

ancient one said...

It made me smile, but I wouldn't have been smiling so much if it were me. I have worn two different shoes to church once.

I hope Gom has fun at the party.

quiltmom anna said...

HI Meggie,
this is too too funny- I laughed aloud - Life with GOM is never boring- Thanks for sharing your funny story...

Have a great party and lots of fun with your friends...

I have had a couple of friends get to a dance and discover they had two different shoes on and that they were two different heights..
It made dancing very interesting..

Regards,
Anna

Strider said...

Spring of 1973.....Summer Breeze. Love that old tune.

Stomper Girl said...

I think your GOM is very cool, to carry off the inside out look without overt embarrassment. But I also think you should maybe think twice about being seen in public again with him...

Linds said...

I have been out with a tshirt inside out, and a dress once too - one of those things which just slips over your head. Oh my word ---- how did he manage with the trousers! I shrieked with laughter. Please thank him for starting my day with a laugh!
Have fun with your friends!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! GOM! What a dag... (in the most affectionate way)

Rosie said...

he he just make sure we get a photo next time

Rosie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Yes, what a photo opportunity you missed there.

Thimbleanna said...

I'm with your friend Meggie -- I think that's hilarious! You two are SO funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh that so cracked me up. Inside pants in the same post as optional teeth. The searches that will yeild :)

Jeanette said...

Ohh Meggie, I have to be honest and say I had quiet a laugh at Gom going around with his trousers insde out, just as well it was only his pockets hanging out..How did he get his zipper up...

Kellie said...

So very pleased to see that you are having some fun! Hope that the party went well! Enjoy your friend!

Anonymous said...

Aw poor GOM. Although it must have been quite difficult to zip them up inside out. Quite an achievement really.

I have worn shirts inside out but never tried trousers.

Enjoy your friends.

Ian Lidster said...

We should all be having too much fun to blog, then we know life is unfolding nicely. Keep on having fun.

Anonymous said...

At least he had them on! Better inside out than none, I always say ;D

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Loved the post about the teeth being optional.What a photo.

The Sagittarian said...

Hahha, what a hoot! See if only you had noticd you could have at least walked 50 yards in front!!

Pauline said...

Meggie, meggie, meggie - never a dull moment! Looking forward to reading about the party.

Lucy said...

RB has a point, how come he didn't notice with the zip?

I think he does it to keep you on your toes.

Glad you're having fun.

Q said...

You have to love a man who keeps his pants on even if they are inside out! He is one of a kind...
Sherry

Marja said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Otherwise it seems you are having some fun and good on Gom not bothering about his pants inside out. It is hilarious. Lots of hugs from NZ

Unknown said...

Oh Meggie - you often make me laugh right out loud - just be thankful he didn't go the whole hog and do a full elephant impersonation!!!!!