Monday, September 1

Murphy's Law again..

I had plans to photograph some of the lovely Spring blossoms about the neighbourhood.

I resolved to get some of the colourful 'art work' on walls.

Was never going to happen. I didn't know of course.

I am unwell, have an infection. Spent the day cringing about in agony, like some bent over old hag. Barely moving & in wrinkled agony. I caught sight of my face unexpectedly, & what a creased old mess!! Wizened springs to mind, except I am a bit too plump.

I couldn't make the Oven today. Could barely walk, so I dozed & read, & self medicated for pain until I could see the Dr for pain meds, & antibiotics.

Our son had to go for an endoscopy today. I felt sick when he told me what they found. I wished we had gone to collect him, & take him home. He has had so much trouble with his stomach, for such a long time. He has been to numerous Doctors seeking some answers.

This is the first time he has had an endoscopy. It seems he has really, really bad ulcers, so inflamed & raw, many are bleeding. He has to take 2 weeks medications then go back for another endoscopy.

He is relieved at last to have some answers. His pain level has been dreadful to see. I feel furious that he has spent so long trying to find some answers. It is as if no Doctors he consulted believed him. I guess that is why I believe in one 'family doctor' who is familiar with my body & it's foibles.

I will never get over being a mother. His father will never get over being his father.

Meanwhile, I have to say Gom has made me a wonderful tea, & he even gave me some of his Coffee chocolate. I am not a big chocolate eater, but I did appreciate this taste!

A friend plays Scrabulous online. She invited me to join her. Her current score is something in the 90's. Mine is a pitiful 27! I will have to engage my brain!

Today was beautiful. It was 24 degrees at one stage. Perfect 1st day of Spring. It is to be sh!te weather again by Wednesday, so I won't get too excited.

I am sure tomorrow might still be a nice day.

John Denver, Farewell Andromeda

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter your troubles the kindness of GOM sharing his chocolates must make you feel better.

I hope everyone is well soon.

ancient one said...

Sorry you are sick. Hope you and your son feel better soon...

My husband had the same test,as your son, two weeks ago... we go for the results tomorrow.

Tell GOM to take good care of you. (and I know he will)

Sheila said...

Sorry to read that you are inwell. I hope you are soon feeling better. Now your son has a diagnosis they can begin treat ment and hopefully the ulcers will soon heal.
Our children ar3e always our children no matter how old they (or we)get.
Enjoy the chocolate..xx

Peggy said...

feel well soon! Hope your sons medication soon have his pain all gone.

Ian Lidster said...

The best laid schemes ... Please be well ASAP.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Sorry that you are unwell. Hope you and your son recover well and soon.

Andrea said...

Poor old you ! Hope you're feeling better very soon xx

Maggie May said...

Really sorry you have not been well and also that your son was found to have bad ulcers. However pleased that these can be put right & that they didn't find something that couldn't be. I believe that the new remedies for ulcers are very effective.
I suspect that we will ALWAYS worry about our kids, no matter what age they are!

Ragged Roses said...

Meggie I hope you and your son get well very very soon, take care
Kimx

Anonymous said...

Oh Meggie it all sounds really horrible. Poor poor you and your poor son too. At least they are dealing with his ulcers now.

It seems so weird to me that you are heading for spring when we are heading for the shorter darker colder days. Funny place this world.

I hope you feel better soon.

Strider said...

Well, at least you are heading into spring and summer! Summer is in the rear view mirror here, and a scent of fall is in the air....actually, my favorite time of the year. Hope you are feeling better by the time I post this. Take care.

Granny J said...

What a bummer for you and for your son. Chocolate is a start on recovery, for you at least, if not your son.

smilnsigh said...

Happy September...

Which to you, means Spring.

Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog

Mary said...

Oh heck and dang - it is no good that you are unwell.

I hope you are feeling better soon and that your son is now on the road to getting better...

VioletSky said...

It is terrible to be in pain and not be believed. I wish better health for you and your son.

The Sagittarian said...

Blasted winter and it's ability to make ills come our way!! Hope you're feeling tip-top again soon Meggie, likewise your son. I had my daughter at the Drs today - chronic ear infection. Poor wee thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do hope you are feeling better today, if not - soon! Pain is the pits. I have to ask, what's scrabulous?

molly said...

Poor Meggie! I hope you'll be feeling better really soon....

Mike said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Meggie. Hope by now you are over it.

No, we will never stop being parents. Maybe that is a good thing.

~Bren~ said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. I have been suffering with a sinus infection (severe) so I can sympathize. I wanted to tell you how GORGEOUS I found your pictures to be. The one of you going to see The Sound of Music is breathtaking. The current ones still show a beautiful, breathtaking woman!!!

Kellie said...

So sorry that you aren't feeling well! I hope that your son recovers quickly!

Tanya Brown said...

How horrid for your son! On the other hand, I'm glad there are finally some answers, and hopefully the beginning of relief.

Speaking of relief, you're probably about sick of hearing about other people's itch remedies ("been there, done that, got the T-shirt"), but here's yet another. I developed an itch in a sensitive region, and the darned thing just wouldn't go away. We're talking several months of itching and clawing to the point of bleeding. Finally I realized that I'd changed soap around the time the itch started. Different soap - no itch. It took it a couple of weeks to die down completely, but life is much nicer now.

Stomper Girl said...

Oh Meggie, I hope you recover soon, and I do hope that your son will start to feel better now that they know what is wrong with him.

Jeanette said...

Gday Meggie sorry to hear your feeling very unwell. I wish you and your son a speedy recovery

Knot Garden said...

So sorry to hear you've been feeling unwell. All good wishes to you and your son and hope you feel better soon.

julieQ said...

I certainly hope you are well soon. None of us look our best when we are sick!! I am so sorry for your poor son. I know your heart just aches for him and rages at the doctor's. Hopefully he is on the right track to get well now!!

Pauline said...

get well soon - both you and your son!

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling porely and your son too. I see that a lot here in Japan. As if the doctors don't believe you really feel sick. Sometimes I feel apologetic for feeling ill..."I really do feel bad today."