I fell over in our garden this morning, & landed awkwardly, knocking down a trellis, & suffered lumps & bumps, & felt an utter fool! I will have to remember I am not as young as I like to think, & the dud knee WILL let me down!! I need to stop pretending it wont!
Luckily, GOM came to my rescue, as I just thought I would lie there quietly until I could resume thinking. He picked me up, made me a cup of coffee, & told me to rest! Bless him!
I pinched this off Lissa, @ stuffandjunk.
I really enjoyed reading hers, so here goes for mine.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? I sarted a blog!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? What New Years Resolutions?? Never make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No. But I wish someone had!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit? New Zealand
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Some cash to flash!
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? My trip to NZ from Nov 18th -Dec 2nd. My brother's 60th Birthday.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I managed to still keep breathing, & laughing... some of the time.
9. What was your biggest failure? Dont regard anything as a failure any more!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Ummm, cant remember...
11. What was the best thing you bought? Some antique hand made lace!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine -for not strangling the garden vandal!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Where on the world stage would you like me to start... or maybe even closer to home?
14. Where did most of your money go? Just on living. Oh, and the dogs.. always up for thousands of $$$. but for the money, you get unlimited, unconditional LOVE!!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to NZ & seeing so many people I love.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Leonard Cohen's So Long Marianne.
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
a.happier or sadder? About the same
b.thinner or fatter, Sadly, fatter.
c.Richer or poorer? Same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Laughing. can never get enough!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating
20. How will you be spending New Years? Well that one is gone... with friends laughing.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Same man, same love.
22. How many one night stands? In my dreams?? haha.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Sopranos.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didnt hate this time last year? Why waste energy hating someone??
25. What was the best book you read? Until I find You, by John Irving.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Martha Wainwright
27. What did you want and get? Any thing I got, I wanted.
28. What did you want and not get? Cant have wanted anything bad enough- nothing springs to mind.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I used to know the anser to this...
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Good grief it was so long ago.. I cant remember. Would have been with family.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing some of the weight that has crept up on me.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? HAHAHAHAHAH!
33. What kept you sane? My dogs!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? What is to fancy about any of them?? None.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The whole damn fake thing!
36. Who did you miss? I wish I could say noone. My mother.
37. Who was the best new person you met? A queston for a fool. You need to get to know someone for them to be 'best'... dont you?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. The more we are different, the more we are the same.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. 'At the age of 37, she realised she'd never ride, through Paris in a sportscar, with the warm wind in her hair'
I think of that song every year, -it encourages me to do things I might not otherwise do.
Now I'll take my lumps & bumps off for another rest!
Hope you all have a great weekend. Shame about the lack of sun for the beachgoers!