Friday, December 7

Major Meltdown...

This is the Mystery Object!
We wil come to these, later in the post!
The weather here has been so humid, it is impossible to move, without breaking into a pool of perspiration. Horrible!

We had a day of running about today. Gom got his new set of ears- Yay! (I think!)


Hopefully we wont have any further televisual loudness/deafness, with me cringing from the noise, & him, straining to hear.


I am still in desperation about my itching problem, having tried all sorts of measures, so I am off to see the Dr in the morning. Gom is having his eyes tested tomorrow too, so it will be another busy day.


We had Small Grandson here yesterday. He really does keep us amused with his little ways. I love the way his mind works.


He had not been feeling well, when I collected him from his father. His father said he complained of a sore throat & wanted to go to the Dr. SIL told him that Nanna would look after him. Then SIL proceeded to tell me that his Nan was a ferocious old woman, who dosed them with Cod Liver Oil, & told them they were perfectly ok, & sent them off to school, or bed!


I was really lucky, my Grandmother was never like that, & she would fuss over me if I was sick, & would make me scrambled eggs, which seemed to be the Ultimate Comfort Food, when I was sick. I did suffer from Tonsilitis in endless, dilerious bouts, of vomitting, ghastly, sickness when I was a child, so her kindness meant a great deal to a frightened little girl.


I had a night light, with a little blue glass shade, & I remember waking to vomit in the night. I think it was a little kerosene lamp, as it had a wick. The huge grey clouds that would envelope me, were really very frightening. I was probably very lucky I didnt develop Meningitis & die like my infant Aunt had done.


My kids were always amused by what a soft pushover I was, if they were sick. They would get the "24 Minute Flu" & I would let them stay home. Once the school bell had gone, they would miraculously recover, & be happy for the day. My philosophy was always, 'better safe than sorry'! Plus, who doesnt like a nice day off school now & then.!! Plus the feeling you have 'hoodwinked Mum'!
Here is a pic of SG. The photo at the beginning of this post, is of some Grevillea leaves, as they appear when they are brown, & have dropped from the shrub. SG saw them, & said "Look Nanna, they are reindeer antlers!!"

He insisted on posing for a photo.
His mother had come to collect him, & we were laughing about all his bruises, on his legs & arms. He gave us a rundown on who had caused them! He really does have a strange little sense of humour. We dont know where the scratch on his cheek came from, but we suspect a prickly plant, as he looked for leaves.
As we were having morning tea, he asked me what sort of jobs I had when I worked. I began to tell him about some of them, & he wanted to know if I was 'New, like me, Nanna, or were you already old?' I told him I wasnt as 'new' as he is, but I was as 'new' as his 18 year old sister, for some of the jobs.
How do you explain 'age' to a child? I love the way he thinks of himself as "New"!
When he got home, his mother heard him chatting away to someone. So she asked him who he was talking to? He came out with the phone, & said "I found the Pizza pamphlet Mum, so I thought we could ring them up!" He had carefully dialled the number on the leaflet, & so his mother had to apologise for a mistaken call. The young man was laughing, & told her they get calls all the time!
We are having further thunder & lightning. Further rain. Some of it is going into the dam!! Hooray!!
Rod Stewart, Fool For You.


20 comments:

Mary said...

Dear new little fellow - scratches, bruises, reindeer antlers and all.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Aha-- so, Santa has a NEW reindeer this year. Love the way his little mind works, he's precious.

Stomper Girl said...

Oh I love that he called up the pizza place, just for a little chat. how cute is he?!

Joyce said...

I hope your health problems get dealt with successfully this time. Your grandson seems to be endlessly amusing.

Tanya Brown said...

Ah, that young man is a sparkplug! May the core of him never change.

CONNIE W said...

The grands are the best entertainment ever. I am always amazed at the things they say and they never cease to give me a good chuckle. Your SG is a cutie and a charmer. Hope you find some relief to the itching soon...I've noticed I've experienced it recently as well, I've been blaming it on my low thyroid, but DH doesn't necessarily concur. All I want is for it to stop! There you are in the midst of the humidity and our wintry stuff is beginning. Last night we got what the weather persons on TV call "wintry mix" although it was just some mixture of sleet and icy stuff, very minimal. But it does remind us that it's winter time and to prepare for a few months of cold days & nights before we see spring again.

Casdok said...

Cute photo!!

Joni said...

good grief that child's mind is a wonder! What a cutie too with his reindeer antlers. LOL.

Catalyst said...

Well, I call the pizza place when SWMBO isn't looking, too.

Enjoy your warmth . . we've got rain today and expecting snow tomorrow.

fifi said...

What a funny little boy.

I always feel guilty, as I am the opposite of the softy-pushover. I have sent mine to school always, unlike my own mother, I have always worked and had much to do.
They of course stayed home when they were ill, but they never got to have a day off. This makes me feel mean. I am not the naturally-nursy type...

I am enjoying this stormy weather...so are my trees...

ancient one said...

Love the adventures of your grandson... I love that he is new...LOL

Tracey Petersen said...

of course they are antlers! What else would they be?

Ali Honey said...

May the icth go!

Little kids are great aren't they...that's why I used to love teaching them.Creative, receptive minds that haven't been spoiled yet.

Ali Honey said...

Oops I meant itch! I don't know what an icth is ?

Tanya said...

Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the itchy skin! Hope the doctor can find you something for relief!

Your little reindeer is a cutie and isn't it nice that he gives you things to laugh about and take your mind off scratching!

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Christine Thresh said...

I like his idea of new. I guess age is a hard concept for a new person.
If we learn something new everyday perhaps it will keep us young in thought.

Tanya Brown said...

Where is Meggie? For some reason, I woke up concerned about you this morning. Hope you haven't caught SG's ailment.

Ian Lidster said...

High humidity is so debilitating. May it pass soon. It seems ludicrous here in northern climes to be reading about high humidity.

Helen said...

Hi Meggie

Great post! Had me chuckling all the way through.