That is what has happened about the Evil Fang. It is still in situ.
I have been a nervous
Filled in the time waiting for the appointment by reading favourite blogs. And trying not to even think about it.
So GOM decided to do another random pantry sweep. Just to keep himself occupied. It goes something like this;
"Do we need all this oil here?"
"What? what oil? We are out of Olive Oil, we need some."
"Yes I know, but what about this oil?"
So I get up & go to see what the hell his on about. I am in another room
He triumphantly waves a couple of half empty containers of oil at me.
" Oh that oil! Well, I think that is out of date, I dont use that oil at all, I think So & so gave us that when they returned from their holiday."
"Well, I may as well throw it out then?"
"Yes yes, throw it out" Mentally planning how I could pour it over him & just ignite it. Another near death experience he doesnt know about.
I turn to depart again, when I notice food scraps in the sink.
Ominously, "What is there food in here for?"
GOM, wheeling round with speed, " I havent finished yet! Pi** off out of this kitchen!"
"Well why do you pick stupid times to do these things! You called me in here"
Obviously he was a bit fraught too.
The worst bit was the realisation it is a far more complicated removal than I hoped. And I have to wait another two
I have been tagged twice, by SOLB & Paula to do the 8 Random thingy meme. I am sure I did one recently, but will give it another go. New weirdnesses about me seem to occur daily these days.
Each participant posts eight facts about themselves. Taggees should write a blog post of eight random facts about themselves. At the end of the post eight more bloggers are tagged. Go to their blogs. Leave a comment telling them they're tagged.
1.I dislike red, for me. I dont wear it, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. I like to see it on other people, & I like it in quilts. I would never use it for decor, or clothing.
2. I need a knee replacement. Why did only one knee wear out? How come they are not both clapped?
3. I am not a big chocolate eater as a rule. But I have just consoled myself over the non removal of the fang by eating a whole Crunchie Bar! And, it was
4. We got the ok on our new carpet. I cant face all the packing up we have to do so they can lay it. I know, I know...I have to see it as a good chance to tidy the positive tsunami of 'stuff' I have!
5. I hate sport. Not a new fact, but I wonder if it somehow radiated out of me. When I was a child I never got picked for sport teams.(To my everlasting relief!) I did get chosen for writing the school magazine & doing word quizzes.
6. I didnt really enjoy school, & yet, academically, I did quite well. I found as an adult I have loved doing courses for things. Perhaps I needed to grow up...
7. I dont regret my many mistakes & wrong turns I have made in my life. I accept them all. I could have made much worse ones, so they were blessings in disguise.
8. I really enjoy the blogging community I find myself a part of. I ask myself is this because I am a bit of a loner, & this way, people are 'at arm's length'? Close but not too close. It seems odd to think how close you can feel to someone you have never met in real life. And how much you care, if you think all is not well with those friends.
Now, can I think of 8 people to choose?
I think perhaps almost all my blogger friends have done this. Are there any lurkers out there who would like to do it?
We would love to hear from you.
I also hate to lay the burden as it were, but how about if I name folks, & they can choose for themselves, if they want to do it.
Tanya The Art Butcher, I love her views on things.
Helen, a fellow Kiwi.
Ms Soup, whose prose is so interesting.
Thimble Anna, who is always worth a read.
Sheila C, I love to hear tales of the Scot.
Keryn Quilting Twin, whose observations are so interesting.
Mereth, the other quilting twin, who kindly cheered me up, when I was down.
Anyone?? A lurker??
Joan Baez, Miracles.