Sunday, July 29

Only When I Laugh.

Well, the Evil Fang was safely dealt with on Friday morning. Very painful, but I wont dwell on that.

I must say, the Surgeon is a very kind & caring man, who has a wonderful manner. And the lovely young nurse who assisted him, is also a lovely person, so they both did their best to minimise a hideous experience. And were full of apologies over the missed appointment.

And I was happy to note I never caught sight of Ms Whipped Hairdo- perhaps she was away having a blue retouch, & another pot of 'product' applied!

I have spent the last 2 days zonked out with painkillers in bed, just dozing, & being waited upon, by attentive GOM, so I cant really complain too much.

He has been feeding me slops & generally making sure I am ok. It has not really been as bad as I anticipated, & the old frozen peas seemed to work very well to minimise the swelling. I only hurts when I laugh too hard now!! haha.

I had a phone call from a sister, in NZ yesterday. She had no idea I had had my tooth out, & was surprised to learn I was lying in bed. She told me she was also recumbant, having cracked a bone, & torn tendons in her ankle. She said her "Kitchen Bitch" has been waiting on her hand & foot, & she has even got him trained to anticipate her needs now! He sounded very cheery, & only too happy to be waiting on her. They had just had a holiday when she damaged her ankle, so at least they had most of their holiday time to enjoy themselves.



Before the Fang came out, GOM & I had done a little grocery shopping. As we strolled around the aisles I did my usual people watching. A proud Grandmother was wheeling a baby, & the daughter -or maybe DIL- was moping about the bread aisle, & muttering about vegetables. The G suggested "A piece of pumpkin perhaps?" The DIL mumbled "We dont actually DO pumpkin" To which the startled MIL said, loudly, "Pardon??"

I hate the fact that 'drug' expressions & phrases seem to have entered every day language. Or is it only me? What the hell is "DOING" pumpkin?? What happened to eating? or even just liking or not liking?

It is a slightly cloudy, but sunny day here today, but seems to be very chilly. Kind GOM has been off to get me further painkillers, & made me a coffee. I had dog bodies to keep me warm in bed, but they have gone off outside today.

I have been reading all the blogs I missed out on over the past couple of days. It soon mounts up, when you are not reading them regularly. While I was dozing I thought of lots of post ideas, but they seem to have drifted off when I woke.

I am sure they will return.

Still getting all my music back upstairs.

Neil Diamond, Morningside.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Meggie,
Nice to see you back in the land of the blogging! I'm sure you are feeling much better now that the tooth has gone. Everything is getting back to normal slowly. You are lucky to have you GOM look after you so well. Mine tries but sadly hasn't really got a clue! Never mind.
I don't 'DO' pumpkin either! I never thought of it as a drug expression before but now you mention it, yes. I suppose it is something the young ones say to make themselves sound 'hip' or whatever the 'in' word is these days.
Cheers for now,
Jenny

Lee said...

Fang heavens that's done!

crafty said...

Thank goodness the fang has been dealt with.
XO

Princess Banter said...

Ooo-er, Fang has finally been put to bed ;) Welcome back!

~Bren~ said...

Glad that is over with and you are on your way to a full recovery. We can not have you unable to laugh now!

Joyce said...

I'm glad to hear that you got that tooth out and that it's getting better. It must be a huge relief.

Catalyst said...

Hope you can "extract" something from this experience, Meggie.

dragonflyfilly said...

"doing" actually predates the big drug era...it goes back to when cleaning ladies would do everything but wash windows, hence, "Sorry Madam, but i don't "do" windows" -- heh heh (sort of like i don't do lawns - i.e. push a lawnmower!)

Glad the fang extraction went well, and hope you will soon be chewing on solid food.

Cheers for now,
pj

Aunty Evil said...

Hi Meggie,

First your carpet, now your tooth, things are moving ahead for you finally!

Glad to hear you are being spoiled by GOM, I am sure you deserve it!

Unknown said...

Glad you've got the evil deed over and done - enjoy the luxury of being looked after for a while!

Fiona said...

What, Neil Diamond? Shouldn't it have been Bob Hope and 'Fangs for the Memory'? Glad to hear the deed is finally done.

Linds said...

Great to hear the fang is now history. Good riddance!I hope the pain killers are doing their job properly, Meggie. And well done GOM for looking after you so well!

Stomper Girl said...

What a relief. And how nice that GOM is taking such good care of you. I love that your sister is training her helpmeet to anticipate her wishes, that is good thinking. And Lee made me laugh with his comment!

Jeanette said...

Glad to hear the fangs out Meggie and your well on the road to recovery, Oh yes I eat Pumpkin.

Anonymous said...

Hope all the fang puns don't set back your recovery.

And as for your complaints about the "drug" expressions creeping into the mundanity of the vegetable aisle, shouldn't you wait until you're back on over-the-counter painkillers before you have a crack like that?

(have a 'crack': geddit?)

Jellyhead said...

So, as you recover from the Fang removal, will you be 'doing' a bit of mashed pumpkin? ;)

Aren't we all stand-up comedians tonight here in the comments section.... tee hee

Glad the tooth is out and you aren't too uncomfortable. In fact, you sound kinda hazy and happy! (heavy duty painkillers obviously doing their job!)

Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Maggie I am worried because I think it is my turn soon lost a huge filling this week and so I guess it will now have to come out yikes!! I hate the knowing.....

So pleased you are feeling better and that you are not uncomfortable now.

so lovely to visit your blog again.
Lee-ann

Sheila said...

Good news that the fang hasd been dealt with finally..!
I hope you continue to improve, though with all the TLC from GOM, personally, I mmight be tempted to stretch it out a little..!
xoxo

His Office, My Studio said...

Feel better and enjoy all the help from GOM.

Angie said...

Oh Meggie, I am soooo glad that is behind you!! What a long jouney for one little ole tooth! :D Do hope you're back to your spry self soon...in the meantime, by all means, let GOM wait on you!! Lord knows those times are few and far between when we get the GOMs waiting on US for a change!! LOL
Hugs, my friend!

molly said...

I will refrain from any fang cracks.....in the hopes of not making you laugh again and slowing your recovery. I'm with Birdy on hamming it up a bit to prolong the TLC...

ancient one said...

Sooooo glad that is over for you! The dred of having to do it is worse than the actually removal. Shucks! I tense up just getting a cleaning which I have scheduled for the first day of August... You rest and stay warm!

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Glad the fang has finally met its demise...better out than in. I hope you recover really quickly.

Joni said...

Well thank goodness that is over and things will soon be back to normal. I had some teeth pulled long ago but still feel your pain.

Digitalgran said...

I hope you will soon be up and about.

Alice said...

So glad the fang is a fing of the past...lol...and that you are recovering (but not too fast, you want to enjoy GOM's ministrations whilst you can).

Well I've had pumpkin boiled, mashed, roasted, raw and in soup - I wonder if any of those constitutes 'doing' pumpkin? Stupid terminology too readily becomes accepted language these days. The same with incorrect spelling. How can educated people write 'a lot' as 'alot'?

Oh dear, I think I'm becoming a GOW.