Sunday, July 15

While you make plans...

While you make plans, LIFE has a way of taking the decisions away from you!

We didnt get our lunch date. We had a plumber call to deal with drains. Not exactly the way we had planned to spend our anniversary 'lunch'.

So, enter plan B.

It was a very cold day, so in the afternoon, wrapped in a quilt, I snuggled down for a snooze. GOM came to keep me company, & discussed an evening out.

We ended up going to a Club & had a meal at their excellent Chinese Restaurant. And it was very nice, & we enjoyed ourselves, & we had a few laughs about how often things go awry, only to perhaps end up being better than the original may have been.


********

****Thank you so much to everyone who left comments, wishing us well.*****
********

Yesterday our son came up to stay, & we spent a lovely evening with our children & grandchildren.

And so, today I will have them for lunch before our son is off back down to his life in the city.

So, once more thank you for you kind wishes.

Tracey Chapman, If Not Now.

14 comments:

crafty said...

Happy Anniversary Meggie, sorry I missed it. The photo is gorgeous.

Linda G. said...

Sounds like a lovely evening out. All's well that ends well..
And a day with the Grandchildren..
I'll bet you're still smiling!

Stomper Girl said...

I think an afternoon nap on your 41st wedding anniversary should be compulsory.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice night out. I love Chinese food.
BTW. I can see your visitor counter 4 times on your blog. I can't believe that you can see it at all. Something fishy there.
Cheers
Jenny

meggie said...

OMG! About the visitor counter, "How Embarrassment" as Effie would say. People will think it is some ego trip. I honestly cant see any of them on my blog here, cant understand why. I think it is duplicated because I have been trying to make it appear!

Jellyhead said...

I'm glad your anniversary turned out well, despite the inauspicious beginning (with the plumber!)

By the way, I can see 2 visitor counters. How peculiar that you see none, I see two and Jenny sees four!!

Jeanette said...

Hi Meggie. We all need a nanna nap from time to time. sounds like you had a lovely evening at the Chinese restraunt. Yummy....

BTW. I can see 2 neo counters on your blog,,

Joyce said...

I'm glad your anniversary turned out so well. In the end there is nothing better than family.

Tanya Brown said...

It strikes me that your anniversary was an echo of the way life and much of marriage are: a few clogged drains, some good company and conversation, and a nice meal.

Although it didn't exactly go as planned, I hope it was a happy day nevertheless!

Unknown said...

Looks like your anniversary was great after all.

meggie said...

Hi All, Yes I thought that the day of our anniversary was exactly like life- ups & downs, unexpected turns, but joy still to be found if you looked for it. And the laughter, which to me, makes almost anything better.
I still cant see the wretched counter, but have taken at least 2 of them off, so I am told!

Blue Moon Girl said...

Sorry I missed your anniversary Meggie! It sounds like you had a lovely time overall. I think a nap is fabulous! :) At my house, we have Chinese food for good luck, so I hope you have many more years of a happy marriage and good luck!

As for you counter, I see two of them!

Happy Anniversary!

ancient one said...

So many times when our plans go awry, something better turns up!! Glad your anniversary turned out good!!

caramaena said...

A belated happy anniversary to you! I'm glad you had a nice evening out :)