Friday, May 4

SO GOOD!!

No boring or indifferent pics today.

Just still enjoying last night's buzz from the concert. It was soooo enjoyable.

Bruce Mathiske is such a good guitarist, & the night was such fun. There were guest performers. One man played the Scottish Fiddle- his description. He played in his socks! I decided it was so he could enjoy his music right down to his feet! And he was so good, played Bluegrass as well as Scottish, & also some Irish, so it was fun to hear him play with Bruce, as well as solo.

Three *ahem* slightly more mature guitarists played parts with Bruce, & one sang. All good stuff. I think the whole crowd seemed to enjoy it all, & there were many ages represented.

There was also a fantastic banjo player! He was amazing, & I later asked if he had taught himself. He said he had, & he was just such a passionate great player, that it had to be. I felt sure imparted lessons could never have achieved his skill, & delight in playing. I would go again tomorrow should the chance arrive.

I bought a CD, my friends did also, so we are 'sharing'. Oh, the broad range of styles there are to be enjoyed! It is all such great guitar playing.


And tonight, there is a party to attend. It is acutally the Eve of our Granddaughter turning 18. So I had better get off this & go & try to gussy this old girl up a bit.

It hardly seems possible that it is 18 years since I watched her little being come into this world. A beautiful little miracle, & a joy to our family.

4 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

meggie...I just love 'fiddle music' glad you have such fun. Happy Birthday to the Granddaughter, get out your party gear and have fun... aubirdwoman

Teodo said...

meggie, a wonderful concert is very very important for our heart....and recharge us....
happy birthday to the granddaughter...
the pictures of the moon are very nice....
ciao ciao

Joyce said...

Fiddle, guitar and banjo! How could you beat that. It is incredible how grandchildren grow up faster than our own children. I wish they'd stay small a bit longer.

CONNIE W said...

I would have LOVED that concert as I truly enjoy that type of music. It sounds wonderful!