Monday, March 12

My Solution

Well, this is what I have done with my sashings. I dont know if I am completely happy with it, but that is how it stays.


I have not really thought about the outside yet....


We jhad our grandchildren here for an hour of so till Dad got home.
Here is SG full of concentration. Sharing floor space with quilt pieces, & various toys.

In the background is the Quilt Box, which holds all the quilts SG gets to play with. We use it as a seat also. And on the right is an old 'Humpty' or 'Pouf'- call it what you will. It was my mother's & we gave it to her about 40 years ago, & it has known all the Grandchildren, & now her Great Grandchildren, leaping all over it, & abusing it, & still it keeps right on going!

I think it is indestructable! It seems rather ugly now, perhaps, but the kids just love it, & it is a handy extra seat, or foot rest for weary legs. I have an old photo of my son, SB, naked, when he was about a year old, standing next to this old 'Pouf'. SB is 39 now, so it has seen a lot of 'child mileage!'

He reads my blog, so I wont embarrass him by publishing the pic!!

My Beloved Nephews all loved rolling about on that 'Pouf' as they grew to manhood also.

Somehow I cant quite bear to part with it.

16 comments:

LBA said...

Quilt looks good !

My Grandma still has her old poufs, which were always a good basis for many a fine game.

nutmeg said...

You've been doing some wonderful quilting and photography Meggie. And I had to laugh that your GOM thought you had pierced your chest!

And a beloved footstool come seat come kids play thing - how could you part with it?

The Calico Cat said...

Neat, I like how you can't tell where the blocks end - that was the idea I was trying to convey with my sashing suggestion! :o)

Joyce said...

I like your sashing choice. I tried with B&W but I didn't like it on mine. Maybe I didn't have the colored squares in the middle. If my gray doesn't work out I may go back to this choice. Now, how will you quilt It? It's great having somebody working on the same pattern helping to make all these decisions.

Pear tree cottage! said...

Meggie I too remember a "pouf" like this from my grandmothers home I think my uncle now is the proud owner and it. yours is a great colour and I can see how the family still love it, it is great.

Your little grandson looks very busy and playing with complete concentration what a darling.

Your quilt is beautiful I so very much like the way you hve used the colours.

Have a lvoely week.
Lee-ann

caramaena said...

Heh, my grandmother also had a 'pouf'.

Love the quilt - very pretty.

Angie said...

I really really like your sashing solution, Meggie! How clever to do different colors...I think it's perfect! We didn't have a 'pouf', but I think I would like one! :D You have such precious memories of your children and grandchildren.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your quilt is as bright and happy as a new day in May! Great job! I remember a hassock much like your "pouf" in my great aunt's home. I wonder what ever became of it?

velcro said...

I love the quilt! My parents and my grandparents were proud owners of poufs. My sister and I had hours of fun sitting on the seats and falling off

smilnsigh said...

Colorful! Beautiful!

Mari-Nanci

His Office, My Studio said...

Love the blocks and the sashing colors are perfect.

Peggy said...

beautiful!

Diana said...

I love the quilt--all those bright colors look so warm!

My MIL had a smaller version of the pouf--my kids had a ball with it whenever we visited. I hope it is still intact!

Stomper Girl said...

I actually don't think the pouf is ugly. I really like the green & white! The quilt is gorgeous too.

Gina said...

Love the colors.

Teodo said...

Your quilt is nice,
your quilt box is nice,
your grandson is beautiful!
ciao ciao