This is courtesy of joke & I think perhaps via Poppy.
1960's Greatest Hits.
It had more to the beginning which I thought I had published, but it didn't post. Go to the website given on joke's post, you will see what I mean.
I am still singing some of these songs,- & so are my kids!
BFJ will remember the first one in paticular!! ha ha!
We were pretty damn good at the twist- 22" waists to prove it!!
1.The Twist - Chubby Checker
2.Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin
3.Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Elvis Presley
4. Wild One - Bobby Rydell
5.Volare - Bobby Rydell
6.I'm Sorry - Brenda Lee
7.Money (That's What I Want) - Barrett Strong
8.This Magic Moment - the Drifters
9.It's Now Or Never - Elvis Presley
10. Wonderful World - Sam Cooke
11. You're Sixteen - Johnny Burnette
12. Cathy's Clown - the Everly Brothers
13.Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles
14.Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison
15. Hot Rod Lincoln - Johnny Bond
16. Tell Laura I Love Her - Ray Peterson
17. Harbor Lights - the Platters
18. Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko-Bop - Little Anthony & the Imperials
19. Chain Gang - Sam Cooke
20. Save The Last Dance For Me - the Drifters
21Stuck On You - Elvis Presley
22.Where Or When - Dion & The Belmonts
23. Teen Angel - Mark Dinning -This was a sickening song!!
24.Devil Or Angel - Bobby Vee
25.Stay - Maurice Williams and the Zodiaks
26. Swingin' School - Bobby Rydell
27. Finger Poppin' Time - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
28.Sweet Nothin's - Brenda Lee
29. Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini - Brian Hylan - I LOATHED THIS SONG!!
30. Poetry In Motion - Johnny Tillotson
31. Last Date - Floyd Cramer
32. Baby (You've Got What It Takes) - Dinah Washington & Brook Benton
33. Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
34.Puppy Love - Paul Anka
35. When Will I Be Loved? - the Everly Brothers
36.Walk, Don't Run - the Ventures
37.Mama - Connie Francis
38. Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith How could I?? but I loved it!
39. Running Bear - Johnny Preston
40. Alley-Oop - Hollywood Argyles
That seems to be the end of the list!! I have to laugh at some of the old memories.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!