Monday, March 5

This looks like fun- courtesy of JOKE.

This is courtesy of joke & I think perhaps via Poppy.
1960's Greatest Hits.
It had more to the beginning which I thought I had published, but it didn't post. Go to the website given on joke's post, you will see what I mean.
I am still singing some of these songs,- & so are my kids!

BFJ will remember the first one in paticular!! ha ha!
We were pretty damn good at the twist- 22" waists to prove it!!

1.The Twist - Chubby Checker

2.Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin

3.Are You Lonesome Tonight? - Elvis Presley

4. Wild One - Bobby Rydell

5.Volare - Bobby Rydell

6.I'm Sorry - Brenda Lee

7.Money (That's What I Want) - Barrett Strong

8.This Magic Moment - the Drifters

9.It's Now Or Never - Elvis Presley

10. Wonderful World - Sam Cooke


11. You're Sixteen - Johnny Burnette

12. Cathy's Clown - the Everly Brothers

13.Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles

14.Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison

15. Hot Rod Lincoln - Johnny Bond

16. Tell Laura I Love Her - Ray Peterson

17. Harbor Lights - the Platters

18. Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko-Bop - Little Anthony & the Imperials

19. Chain Gang - Sam Cooke

20. Save The Last Dance For Me - the Drifters

21Stuck On You - Elvis Presley

22.Where Or When - Dion & The Belmonts


23. Teen Angel - Mark Dinning -This was a sickening song!!

24.Devil Or Angel - Bobby Vee

25.Stay - Maurice Williams and the Zodiaks

26. Swingin' School - Bobby Rydell

27. Finger Poppin' Time - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters

28.Sweet Nothin's - Brenda Lee

29. Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini - Brian Hylan - I LOATHED THIS SONG!!

30. Poetry In Motion - Johnny Tillotson

31. Last Date - Floyd Cramer

32. Baby (You've Got What It Takes) - Dinah Washington & Brook Benton

33. Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters

34.Puppy Love - Paul Anka

35. When Will I Be Loved? - the Everly Brothers

36.Walk, Don't Run - the Ventures

37.Mama - Connie Francis

38. Theme From "A Summer Place" - Percy Faith How could I?? but I loved it!

39. Running Bear - Johnny Preston

40. Alley-Oop - Hollywood Argyles

That seems to be the end of the list!! I have to laugh at some of the old memories.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I remember lots of these, too. Loved the theme from A Summer Place.

Tracey Petersen said...

Meggie, what a classic you are and your song list just proves it!!
We had 'tell laura I love her on an album of Happy Days songs - it was so mournful that it was fantastic for a teenage girl!

PS quilt is beautiful and my vote is no sashing. I like the interplay between the blocks.

Stomper Girl said...

Oh I love Theme from a Summer Place too. You feel good just hearing it!

Joke said...

What an excellent list!

-J.

P.S. Theme from a Summer Place reminds me of Animal House.

meggie said...

It seems Theme from a Summer Place was a favourite all round.

Sorry I can only remember seeing bits of Animal House? Never watched the whole thing, as far as I remember.

I realised on re-reading the list, that I did like more of the songs, but had forgotten them when I did the post!