Friday, June 26

Happiness is Often a Dog..

As I have travelled through my varied, & strange life, I have noticed that Happiness, can often be defined as a dog.

So, here is a roundup of some "Happies" I have met!

Beau, who is a delight, & has brought such joy, to Mr & Mrs NN, after the loss of two loved cats.



Here is Ralph. A loyal & much loved dog & comapnion for my son.
RIP Ralph, who had a long, & very happy life.



This is Katie, who was much loved by our family, and her later, adoptive family.


OOPS! How did this get in here?? Obviously to frighten small children, & unsuspecting viewers.


Here is gorgeous Boof. He is a gentle Golden. He is a beautiful, huge, ball of love.



This wee chap I have borrowed from a friend. He is a much loved little Poodle Prince. He has brought much love & joy, to lives he touches.


This, I am told, is a source of happiness to it's owner. It is Gom's 'Red Square Dance' quilt that I made him. He told me this morning, how Happy it makes him feel.


Happiness to me, is having a sibling, a Beloved Brother. We have shared so much. We still do.


This flower, at an Aunt's garden in New Zealand, is a source of 'Happy' for me.

Of course, "Happy" is often a sister!

Another "Happiness", with dog!


Here, another gorgeous "Happiness" with dog!

My Sweet Happy Honey.

Gom's "Happiness", Leo.
This was taken before he was banished from the bed!

I risk strong criticism here, but Happiness today, for me, was hearing of the death of a deformed, deranged, tormented, creep who will no longer be available to corrupt or molest children.
It makes me feel ill, to hear people praising such a depraved, demented, creature.


Keb Mo. A true talent. Enjoy.

17 comments:

Frankofile said...

Lovely celebration of dogs. How right you are.

Kathi said...

Wonderful post and photos!
My dogs (past and present) bring so much joy into my life too!

Your golden is gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Love your dogs! and that red quilt is gorgeous. I agree with every word in your last bit too - can't see what all the fuss is about.

Thimbleanna said...

Aren't dogs wonderful? I really miss having a dog around. I love our fat cat but he's just not quite the same as a dog.

I just felt so sorry for MJ. I once knew an incredibly talented musician and he ended up murdering two girls. Somewhere in these genius brains, a short circuit occurs.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Happiness comes in lots of shapes and sizes........ I miss my old dog today, this is the anniversary of her leaving us. I am happy that she lived a good life, though.

Isn't it funny how someone famous who has committed terrible things achieves sainthood in death? At least we got a break from Jon and Kate!

Warty Mammal said...

Dogs are pure creatures, aren't they? Despite an affection for smelly things, they seem free of the "original sin" (whatever that means). I've rarely met a dog who didn't seem genuinely glad to meet me. Can't say the same of humans.

Very photogenic family you have.

Christine Thresh said...

Most dogs are ready, willing, and able to please their humans. A dog does not see your faults or notice if you are having a bad hair day. A dog doesn't care what you are wearing or does not even notice if you didn't shower that day.

molly said...

Meggie, this sent me looking for something I clipped from the newspaper a while back.....and i found it! You can read it at:

http://teamsugar.com/group/1709761/blog/2461403

.....it says it all.

quiltmom anna said...

What great dogs- The first two dog pictures surprised me- we had a dog named Tigger that looked alot like the first dog and a dog named Venus that looked a great deal like your son's dog..
Our pets are an integral part of our lives. Both the cat and the dog we have now are a bit of a princesses and we love them. They make us laugh regularly with their antics.
I love your square dance quilt- it is such a happy looking piece.
Have a great weekend.
Regards,
Anna

Angie said...

Ahhh, Meggie, they are all beautiful and full of so much love and happiness! What would we do without dogs in our lives? :D

Lucy said...

Lovely dogs, good to see them so happy with kids as well...

julieQ said...

Wonderful happiness comes in many forms. I loved seeing yours.

The Sagittarian said...

I don't mind dogs, but am really a cat person!
Some lovely photo's tho and your wee white chap and chapette look sweet!

Jeanette said...

Gday Meggie. Beatiful photo of your Happiness. "Penny"
My maltses Shtzu brings a lot of pleasure to my life, I have nick named her "spoilt bitch"my first indoor dog always had large outdoor dogs all died from old age..
By the Way I fully agree with you regarding MJ. our papers and new are full of him i just flick those pages over. as for people crying over him a lot of rubbish..

Anonymous said...

Wonderful dogs. But, most dogs are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

As an unsuspecting viewer, I LOVED the surprise inclusion :)

Leanne said...

I'm with you on all account there dogs, singers etc.