Thursday, July 23

Long Time Gone

It seems so long since I have posted on this dear old Blog, I have more or less lost the art of writing.
My life has changed so much recently, I scarcely know where to start.
I have sold my house, and moved, to what I call Raisinville, but don't tell the other residents!

I have bought a very nice little villa, and am very slowly getting it arranged to my liking. The Village is quite large really, and I have met few of the residents. I am lucky though as I have a lovely friend who lives in the village, ... we used to work together 27 years ago!

My body decided it hates me, and has given me all sorts of new trials and aches, to test my metal. Hopefully the last one, of a run of catastrophic accidents, including a broken wrist, broken sternum, is a broken shoulder. I am currently awaiting a shoulder replacement.
It is endlessly irritating to be disabled in this way, as find there are many things I am unable to do, including driving my car. This severely limits my activity, but my lovely daughter J and my Friend M, have been so good about taking me out, and ensuring I am ok. Mrs NN still keeps in touch, so it is lovely to see her.

i had the Treat of years recently, when I met, for the first time in real life, Beautiful Mary! Every bit as gorgeous in person, as I knew she would be. Formerly known as Blue Mountains Mary. I was treated again that week, with a visit from another Internetty friend, who came up from Sydney, to be my advocate and great comfort company, when I went to see about surgery for my shoulder.
Such beautiful people. Such treats for me, and the laughter truly is medicine!

i treated myself to a laptop mac, and though it is handy, I find I am much slower with the typing!
I have contact still, with a lot of former blog friends,via Facebook. it is lovely to keep  in touch, but I do miss the fun days of blogging, with all the laughs. About 8 years of friendship!
So many changes in my life.
I will never be the same person, I know, but I am still trying to find ways to deal with my grief, and my altered reality.

Roy Orbison, Blue Bayou.

7 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I have missed you!! I think of every now and again and hope that you are well. It is good to know you are changing things up and finding some new friends (as well as keeping old ones!) Hope you get that new shoulder soon and that all goes well.

Ali Honey said...

Hi Meg! How lovely to hear from you. Wishing you well with getting your body mended. Are you able to show photos of your new place?
Winter in the BOP has been a chilly one. We have had frosts!
( ps I don't ( won't ) do facebook so have not heard all your news.
Hugs from an old Bloggy friend, Ali.

Pam said...

Hurray, you're back blogging. Lovely to read you.

Mary said...

Meg! I am so so happy to see you blogging again. And music.,so happy.

Linds said...

Both of us started writing again on the same day! You go, girl! Yes. I am creaking too. It will take time, but I am going to keep at it. You too?? Of course!

Meggie said...

How nice of you all to visit. I often think oF all my Bloggy friends and wonder how you all are these days.I confess, I find the laptop so difficult to use. my fingers have much arthritis now, and rapid typing seems to be a thing of the past. Grrrr. I am so impatient to get my thoughts out.

Tanya said...

So nice to hear from you again. I have visited once in a while hoping that there had been an update and I come back from summer vacation and find TWO posts. Good for you for making some good changes in your life! I hope you'll find a way to put blogging back into your routine.