Friday, December 8

Happy Memories

I must have slept 'crooked' last night, & today I have a very sore back.
We had SG with us for most of the afternoon, & as I hadnt seen much of him, since I have been back, I really ejoyed his company.
He got in behind the curtain, & I heard him say "Holy Moly, I can see the whole world from up here!" It seems to be his favourite exclamation at present, as there was another "Holy Moly! There is a huge spider web!!" He had decided he doesnt like spiders, in spite of us telling him they are good for eating flies & mosquitos.


These next 2 pics are of my SIL's garden. She has green thumbs & always has lovely things growing. She works for a company who grow roses commercially, & likes the work. Her house is often filled with beautiful roses, & she gives them to friends. She prefers not to grow them in her garden, & is very keen on Bromeliads.


This is a lovely corner with a pretty foliage tree- again I have forgotten the name, but I think my brother told me it is a native to NZ.



This pic is of some of the revellers at my brother's party. PaBu can be seen leading the dancing! My SIL is behind him.






This one is of the Birthday Boy, about to make his speech. It was an Island Theme Party, & as there were all sorts of Pacific Islanders present, it was a very colourful party, & most of them dressed in their traditional party clothes for the occasion.




It really was a lovely party & everyone was very friendly, & a lot of fun was had by all. There were prizes for various things, & the star of the evening was a baby girl, who won 'prettiest girl' prize. I missed getting her picture, as I discovered I had the camera on the wrong setting. Luckily a friend fixed it for me, later.

In Stop Press news, I have learnt that Patterson, the dog, has had a reprieve, & is being treated to prolong his life. It wont be long term, but BFJ says he has really perked up, & seems as happy as can be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meggie , The nice little tree is called Titoki -- It will grow to about 5 or 6 metres and it has flowers sometimes, followed by berries which are eaten by various birds .The fern in the other photo is called a Whetu tree fern -- much like a Ponga -- I think .
Colourful photos of the ' cuzzies' too !

Anonymous said...

Meggie , The nice little tree is called Titoki -- It will grow to about 5 or 6 metres and it has flowers sometimes, followed by berries which are eaten by various birds .The fern in the other photo is called a Whetu tree fern -- much like a Ponga -- I think .
Colourful photos of the ' cuzzies' too !