Saturday, December 16



This is a photo of the Fruit cake I made last night. It is my Aunt's recipe, & it is so easy- and delicious!

Here is the Recipe:

FRUIT CAKE

2 cups of fresh organge juice. I found 5 lovely Aussie oranges were just right.

1 kilogram of Mixed Fruit. You can add nuts to your taste.

2 cups of Self Raising Flour.

Mix all together well.

Pour into a lined tin. I used non stick baking paper.

Bake in a moderate oven for 1 & 1/2 hours. I set my oven to 160c.

It is not a fan forced oven, so I dont know how you would go with one of those.

I wanted to decorate the top with almonds, but I didnt have any, so the top remained plain. I did add some cinnamon, & about 1/2 a teaspoon of almond essence.

I let the cake cool in the tin, but am not sure what my Aunt does.

It makes a nice cake to either serve plain or it can be 'tarted up' with nuts, cherries or a fancy 'skirt'.

Ideal for BFJ's little Granddaughter S, as it has NO eggs!

Also NO fat... but it IS very sweet.

I had already done this post, when Blogger took it into draft, & try as I might, I could not retrieve it!

It is raining here this morning, & has rained lightly for most of yesterday & last night. How very odd for this time of year. Apparently we have had a very hot Spring- in spite of the odd rainy, & cold days.

Yes Henri, I am enjoying Dylan's new CD, & of course it reminds me of you!

About to play some Bob Seeger, love all those old songs!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

My dad is diabetic and this will be perfect for him. Did you mean dried mixed fruit?

meggie said...

Yes, dried mixed fruit it is. My Aunt is diabetic also.
It is a very nice cake & sooo easy to make in a hurry.

Aunty Evil said...

Hi Meggie,

I've never been a fan of fruitcake, although I have known a few in my time! :)

Simonetta said...

Thank you Maggie for the recipe, gnummmm seems very good:)))))

Unknown said...

interesting recipe - will have to give it a go - seems too simple to be true :o)