Tuesday, September 22

The Black Dog Seeks a Rest Nest...

The wretched Black Dog has called again.
In fact, it is romping around 'the garden of my life' to quote my Beloved Brother. It is peeing on things it has no business to know about. Indiscriminately p!$$ing!
Promiscuously p!$$ing in fact!!

It appears, too, to be making a temple 'Nest' in my garden.

I have been in this pit before. I should know the secret code to get out...


It has it's extremely Black snout, inserted in every-day smallness.

It is debilitating. It is crippling...in fact, paralyzing!

The Black Dog does love a 'death' in my life. It would seem to feed upon the emotion. Should it hear of a 'death' 'passing' or even a 'Near death' it is sure to come running!! (what harmonic note, does it hear, I wonder??)It would seem to see a clear pathway to terrorise & 'monsterise' (which I am sure is not a word, but it is MY word, & I will use it!!) & reduce me to tears, a bed, preferably with covers to pull over the head. Or...better yet, oblivion, as in "I shall never walk this way again".

I know I should flick it off. Kick it's mangey butt right out the door of my yard. Yet, it slinks back inside.

GET the HELL OUT!! YOU STINKER!!

A PS here. I don't really think it IS a Black Dog.

I love dogs. I feel we do dogs an injustice naming such a debilitating condition a 'dog'. We need a new term, a term which would indicate all that is evil, & sapping, about this affliction.

My choice is the Black Chasm. This maligns no human, no animal, no insect, nor yet, any plant!
There might be 'Chasm' fans out there who object??
Come on, I need the laughs??
Hit me with your Best Shot!!


In the frantic search for Blackness 'oblivion' it is amazing what one can find...
http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2009_04_01_archive.html

Should Knitted Penises be your ultimate goal, seek no more...
http://ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com/2009/04/penis-parade-knit-dicks-by-marianne.html

And, just becuase....

11 comments:

fifi said...

I would suggest you get yourself one of those knitted dicks and point it at the dog as a talisman to ward off evil.

Since they are French Knitted dicks, the magic word may be "Allez, chien, Allez!"


wishing for happy soon,
fifi

Andrea said...

Aww Meggie - perhaps you should get that cat you want ? xxx

Catalyst said...

A cat! Yes! A big, vicious Maine coon to scare off that nasty black dog. Yeah, that's the ticket!

ancient one said...

Sorry about the loss of your cousin's husband. Sorry about the black dog showing up. I'm not surprised and 'kinda expect he'd show up now. Sad time for now, but it will get better...

Marigold Jam said...

If I have understood you correctly I call the condition my Grey Blanket since I feel as if I am suffocaing under damp grey felt when I feel the "Black Dog". Not sure what the cure is other than time the great healer. And of course the knowledge that things will get better since you have been there before and the knowledge that you are not alone helps though one can't be bothered to come out from under the blanket to see who is there with a bunch of metaphorical flowers can one!!

Do hope that the cloud will lift soon.

Jane xx

Anonymous said...

I am familiar with this feeling and can only extend my wishes for a speedy return to the light for you.

Christine Thresh said...

Pull the covers up for a few days. You will be okay soon.

Mike said...

Yeah, the black dog comes and goes. I'm never sure what to do with him anymore. Somedays I shoo him off. Others I invite him to sit on my lap.

lovelyprism said...

The only cure I have for anything is a cup of coffee and a good book, preferably outside where I can see the lovely flowers and hear the birds singing. And maybe a hug. *hugs*

molly said...

Hugs from here too Meggie. Hope he slinks away soon.

Warty Mammal said...

Thank you for the knitted penis link. I have a friend who crochets various body parts, as well as does intricate doilies with curse words intwined in them. She'll enjoy that link.

If you think seeing profane doilies would help chase away the black dog, let me know and I'll send you the link!