Tuesday, October 6

Where was I, when I was interrupted?

Long time, no blogging.

Seemed to fall off the blog wagon, somehow, & have not even been catching up with reading.


Nothing spectacular happening. Just life & all it's attendant warts, & blips.


We had a weekend of rain. It was our Labour Day holiday long weekend. We live in a 'Paradise', that is the long weekend destination of many. How sad for them to come here, only to be met with rain, rain, & more rain. The whole three days. And yes, you guessed it, today is gloriously sunny!
A couple of the days were downright chilly too.

Ok for us, we could rug up, & watch DVDs & read.
Yesterday, we had a lovely lazy laid back visit from our Daughter J, & our Small Grandson. We consulted cookbooks, & he read the desserts, while we read the savouries.

Remember this?

Well, in the end, it was not the bugs that got them.
It was naughty Leo, using it for a step ladder, the better to see us over the fence, when we went out.
He tap danced all over them, & trampled the lettuce to death, almost killed the rocket, & some parsley I had added, has a very doubtful future.
He is very lucky I love him so much, or he might have been residing in the dog's home for the lost, by now! Grrrr.
We had another dust storm, the weekend before last. It was not spectacularly orange or red, but it was equally invasive. And dirty! And choking! And eyestinging!
This weekend's rain has done a lot to help the plants. However it did not deep cleanse my house.
We had our 12th Anniversary of living in this house. I can still remember the joy I felt, when we moved in. I still love it, even though it has it's faults. I am content to live with those faults. I am happy living in this area. We have lovely neighbours, so there is plenty to be grateful about.
It is Spring down here in the Southern Hemisphere.
There have been some tragic events unfolding, in Samoa. Also in Indonesia.
Our hearts go out to all the lost, the lonely and the damaged.

On a very much lighter note, here is a delightful photo of O.
I remember the joy I got from feeding the little orphaned lambs, saving their lives.

Here is O on his mother's back. Rural life in New Zealand!

I must thank my cousin M, for sharing these photos with me.


I have been pondering the fact that my quilt making has screamed to a halt. I did get a top backed & quilted, & bound, to finally become a finished quilt. Small Grandson grabbed it with glee, & took it off before I got a photo! Never mind, I have shown the top before, it was an I Spy.
I have 3 projects in the being-sewn-together stage. I have some hand work that I have added a few stitches to, but on the whole, I have been reading more than anything.


I did have 2 days where I seemed to sleep all day, and night. Who knows why.



22 comments:

ancient one said...

We had a bit of summer over the weekend...

Today is rainy...not much just enough to use an umbrella...We attended the graveside service... there was a large crowd and mnay, many, umbrellas.

So tomorrow life takes a new turn for my grandson-in-law as he goes forward without his father...but with so many friends who are willing to be there for him...

Sorry about your lettuce. Poor Leo.. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose..LOL

I got to see my daughter for a few minutes today.. she got here in time to jump in our car, go to the funeral, get back and jump into her car and head back home. So many appointments and places she had to be. Glad you got to spend a long visit with your daughter and grandson...

VioletSky said...

Your grandson with that lamb is so adorable!!

Warty Mammal said...

Life goes by fits and starts. Sometimes one is full energy and drive, and sometimes the dust storms come and the days disappear without a trace.

I'm trying to remember which season you're going into now. Spring? Summer? A time of growing and flowering, at any rate. It should be good, regardless of dogs intent on stomping one's plants to bits.

Stomper Girl said...

Happy 12th house anniversary Meggie and hope you enjoyed your blogging hiatus.

Tanya said...

I was getting worried about you! I checked to see if for some reason you were there but I just couldn't see your posts but finally determined that you were busy with other things. Glad you are back!

Thimbleanna said...

Bad Leo! I got a chuckle out of your dust storm and rain news. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just roll back the roofs on our houses (like those big stadiums with retractable roofs) and let the rain give the house a good cleaning for us? If only it were that easy! Adorable picture of Little O with the lamb -- thanks for sharing it with us!

Christine Thresh said...

I'm so glad to see you back, especially with cute pictures and bad dog stories.

ancient one said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to say how much I loved the picture of your baby with the lamb!! That photo is just too precious!

prashant said...

she got here in time to jump in our car, go to the funeral, get back and jump into her car and head back home. So many appointments and places she had to be. Glad you got to spend a long visit with your daughter and grandson...
Web hosting india

Selina Kingston said...

We all need to take time out sometimes ...to do nothing, to be lazy, to let our body catch up. Still, t's great to have you back!

Pauline said...

glad to see you back. The photo of O and the lamb is priceless!

The Sagittarian said...

Good to see you back too Meggie, and glad all is well at your place. Those dust storms look really annoying, shame there isn't a follow up tidy-pixie-storm to get rid of all the dust eh?
Loved the photos, and your dog should take gardening lessons maybe??

persiflage said...

Welcome back, and thanks for the dog, the lovely baby and the lamb. I missed the dust storm which sounds amazing.
The garden calls at this time of year, with everything bursting into flower and growth. I miss my old larger garden.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back, I missed you very much - morning coffee not the same without you :)

Pam said...

Welcome back, Meggie.

Q said...

Autumn rains are in my area while you have Spring showers....
my flowers are almost over will enjoy yours and your butterflies.
Sometimes live just becomes involved with sleeping and lovely grandchildren.
Enjoyed catching up with you.
Sherry

quiltmom anna said...

HI Meggie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always enjoy hearing from you.
I am sure you will find your quilt MoJO soon and create something beautiful. The Blogger Festival has lots of wonderful quilts to see- perhaps they will help to inspire you.
Warmest regards,
Anna

julieQ said...

Whoops, poor baby is really in the dog house! I have been seeing many pictures of the dusty storm you all have had. What a precious picture of the lamb and the sweet baby...we used to bottle feed lambs on the farm too.

Warty Mammal said...

I've gotten Google Reader for my iPod so I can follow your blog while I'm on the road next week. Hint hint.

Anil P said...

Leo seems to be a bundle of innocence with an injured look in his eyes for calling him out on the lettuce trampling :-)

The baby and lamb, such idyll.

jovaliquilts said...

Oh my goodness, little O with the baby lamb is ADORABLE!

Digitalgran said...

I always love your photos, but it seems to run in the family. The 2 bottom ones are brilliant especially O and the lamb!