Tuesday, January 9

Dont you hate it when....

You think you have everything under control.
Things are not going brilliantly, but it is not flying about, or splattering...

Then someone turns your fan on! And of course the proverbial flies everywhere, & most of it lands on you!

We have had SG here for the morning/afternoon, & he has been full-steam energy, & just exhausted us! I feel as if I am a washed out limp piece of paper! Almost disintergrating.

Then the dunny decides it is not going to flush properly. And SG tells us 55 times that "We need a plumber!"

We have now dealt with a flood in the bathroom & unpleasant thoughts about what it might be that is flooding UP! Gurgling heralded the end of the blockage, but it has been an occasional thing for a while, so we DO need to get the plumber back. And chop every privet out of next-door's garden!

And dont you hate it when some FREAK says something like Cackulate, when he means calculate!! GRRRR. ON TV!!

I know my grammar has slipped a lot since the death of my mother, who was an aboslute stickler for correctness. But I hope I still pronounce words correctly.

And didnt you just hate that sodding little Goodie TwoShoes you had to share a class with. She never said a wrong thing, & you could tell by the look in her sly little eye, she lied, but she would say ANYTHING to get into the teacher's good graces. And the teacher never even realised! The whole class was aware of what a brown-nosing little swine she was, but noone bothered to speak up.

Over the years we had several, & I often wonder where they are today- probably the company manager!

I used to get regularly beaten & threatened by a girl called Julie. I have never forgotten what a nasty vicious girl she was, & I was terrified of her. She was older than me, & she used to lie in wait for me, if I was walking the long way home from school. Her father was a Bank Manager in the town, & supposedly they were a 'nice family'.

I recently got in touch with some girls I had gone to school with, at the same time, & learned they had been neighbours of Julie's. They were just as terrorised by her, & it turned out her brother -who I never knew thank goodness- was cut from the same mould. Sadistic & cruel. But the girls next door are convinced the father beat the mother, so perhaps that explained things?? These days I try to give the benefit of the doubt. But occasionally, I dont want to !

Consequently I never liked Julie as a name, & still dont like it.

And that is another thing... names. What is it with these clowns calling their kids things like TAYOALUH, & BRYNNDAWENDAH. Perhaps I exagerate a little, but I cant help but feel sorry for the children. It is not so much the names, but the sometimes ridiculous spelling that I object to.

What IS in a name, I guess?

I just seem to be all disgruntled, - is there such a word as gruntled??haha.

I seemed to get a glimmer of my old lust for creativity today, & of course felt frustrated at not being able to give it all my attention. I did attempt some sketches while SG was watching some cartoons, but I have got the scale wrong, so now I will have to try to reduce them on the photocopier.

If they turn out, I will keep you posted, as they say.

PS. **This is an edit to say I had another bloody balding yesterday, by a hairdresser, who obviously had a terrible Xmas & New Year, so she took it all out on my head! She had a face like thunder throughout the whole process, as much as to say "I DARE YOU TO SPEAK!"

Even the GOM was shocked & was moved to say, "She made a bloody mess of it didnt she?"
Of course that made me feel a LOT better! Here I was, in public, with hair clinging to every available surface, & every time I moved, I got showered with more!
Ye gods, now I will be cringing indoors until growth occurs!
This could, in some measure, explain why I am feeling so grumpy & & grouchy.

14 comments:

nutmeg said...

Hairdressers and I don't tend to mix that well; oil and water really. Maybe it has to do with being mistaken for a boy after a particularly savage cut in my very early teens. Anyway, I would regularly go six months without a cut. Then in the past couple of years I'd try and go more regularly but when I returned the hairdresser had left the salon. This happened three times in a row at different hairdressers. I thought I must have the kiss of death. Anyway, I have been to my current hairdresser 4 times in a row. A record. And the cut suits my hair. I don't have to blow dry it to within an inch of its life to look anywhere decent. But Meggie, I KNOW all about when they get it wrong; believe me. I have a few scarves I've worn in the past - I could lend you one? Maybe that hairdresser had one of those God awful names and was seeking revenge :-)

Aunty Evil said...

Wow Meggie, you do have a touch of em today, don't you? :)

I suppose I now need to 'fess up and tell you my real name is "Swaying Breeze Smith".

Apparently my mum had a wind problem at the time. :)

meggie said...

Nutmeg, I am a bit phobic about headcoverings- probably due to having to wear hats as a child! Sort of scarved for life! haha.
But thanks for the offer.

And Aunty, it would be perfectly ok to be called that- it is all these names where they add H's & J's & E's they dont need!
One poor kid has a name that people read as Hyenah, but her mother insists it is pronounced Harna....

Joyce said...

I haven't been to a hairdresser for years and years. My DD cuts a few inches off the bottom of my hair every few months. I wear it long in braids or a ponoy tail. Unsuitable for my age maybe, but easy,cheap and no snarky hairdressers to deal with.
As for weird names with oddball spellings, I too feel sorry for the kids but also the teachers (because I was a teacher for years) who have to learn how to spell all these strange names. Last names that are hard to remember and spell I can deal with. You don't chose your last name and in multi-cultural countries like Aus and Can we deal with many. But first names that are not ethnic but just strange conglomerations of letters really annoy me.
It's only 7:30AM here and I already seem to be in a mood...Lol.

Faith said...

hey I loved your blog it made me laugh. Im a silly nutbud that I am as my watch has stopped and I've been so busy doing things I never realised that my watch had stopped for three hours.... so all the time I have been thinking oooo plenty of time yet, plenty of time I got quite a few jobs done, then I looked at a clock on my hidden mantlepiece behind the chair and crikey.,,,,, its three'o clock.
tut tut well keep writing your fantastic blogs I love them

molly said...

I so sympathise Meggie! Being an AF family we moved around a lot. Every move was trauma. Not only did you have to reinvent your life in a new place where you knew nobody, you had to be dragged , kicking and screaming, away from your beloved hair cutting person of the last three years and find a worthy replacement. Not having a lot of time or patience for twiddling with and "fixing" my hair, it was important to have a good cut. When we got here I lucked out. Loved the first stylist I tried.Went to her for three years. One day I arrived to find the shop empty,bare. Painters were there, doing what painters do. "You looking for Sandy?" one of them asked me. "She left in the middle of the night, no one knows where to...." So I pinned the tail on the donkey once more. Disaster. Decided to grow it out. When the dogs started barking I tried again. So-so. But she was better next time. So I went a third time, only to find her gone. This scenario was repeated a few times 'til I thought, like Nutmeg, "What am I? The kiss of Death?" The person I have now owns the salon , so I'm guardedly optimistic.....What I'd love is braids,like Joyce, having been deprived of that opportunity as a child,by a scissors-happy mother.....oh well, at least I still have hair.
On the mames thing, give me an Anne, or a Margaret or a jane any day of the week.....OK, I'll go now.

molly said...

I so sympathise Meggie! Being an AF family we moved around a lot. Every move was trauma. Not only did you have to reinvent your life in a new place where you knew nobody, you had to be dragged , kicking and screaming, away from your beloved hair cutting person of the last three years and find a worthy replacement. Not having a lot of time or patience for twiddling with and "fixing" my hair, it was important to have a good cut. When we got here I lucked out. Loved the first stylist I tried.Went to her for three years. One day I arrived to find the shop empty,bare. Painters were there, doing what painters do. "You looking for Sandy?" one of them asked me. "She left in the middle of the night, no one knows where to...." So I pinned the tail on the donkey once more. Disaster. Decided to grow it out. When the dogs started barking I tried again. So-so. But she was better next time. So I went a third time, only to find her gone. This scenario was repeated a few times 'til I thought, like Nutmeg, "What am I? The kiss of Death?" The person I have now owns the salon , so I'm guardedly optimistic.....What I'd love is braids,like Joyce, having been deprived of that opportunity as a child,by a scissors-happy mother.....oh well, at least I still have hair.
On the mames thing, give me an Anne, or a Margaret or a jane any day of the week.....OK, I'll go now.

molly said...

How did THAT happen?

molly said...

How did THAT happen?

molly said...

Bloody hell....?

meggie said...

I loved all your comments.
As to what happened with the repeat comments- I suspect that Blogger declared itself out of beta, way too early!
They dont seem to have the wrinkles out at all, yet.

BTW, Love your new pic Nutmeg.
Wish I could grow my hair, but like you Molly, it gets to a certain length & even strange dogs howl.
No, seriously, I just cant stand the heat over here, & spend all day with wet hair!

My float said...

I laughed myself stupid at your labels...disgruntlement, drained, drains, hairlessness.

Hilarious.

Of course, I empathise with you about your hairdressing disaster. I used to love going to the hairdresser but alas, no more. And that probably shows in my hair(style)! Style being a loose term to describe what my hair is!!

And what the heck is it with names? I don't mind odd names (having been bestowed with one myself!) but I can't stand people who mix the letters up just because they can. Or even worse, because they don't know any better!

meggie said...

MF, yes that post souds as if someone went bald & the hair all ended up in the drains?? which could come true!

I also was acutely aware of putting 'turned my fan on'---eing an Aussie/Kiwi, I realise I should have worded it 'THE' fan on! Heh!

Beth said...

here I am sitting alone at midnight. DH out of town..son at a friends house..laughing UPROAROUSLY! Men! I can just hear your husband...mine would be hiding out laughing in the closet before he would actually SAY anything like that! I laughed so loud I scared the dogs! (they already know I'm strange and they love me anyway...)