Saturday, January 27

New Project

In spite of having days when I thought I would never get the urge back, for my quilting, it has suddenly returned.
I call this Frog dance, but it is just one of the patches in the new quilt top. I fussy cut some patches, & decided to make them into bright stars.
SG thinks they are delightful, & is calling it 'his' quilt, & seeing it would be ok for a boy, I guess I will give it to him.

This patch with the fish in is my favourite- I am very disappointed with the colur in the pic- the star points are purple, not blue!

And here are some of the patches laid out on our bed- after the dog has been romping all over it!
It is still hot & humid, but I seem to feel a little more cheery, for some reason.
We had a great morning out with friends, who took us off to some out of suburb garage sales, & a drive by the ocean- it smelt wonderful, & looked even better.
DJ came to take GOM out to look at new washing machines- hers, which is only 4 years old, is not worth repairing. Does not seem right, but it is true. A Simpson, & she says she wouldnt have another as a gift!
The shop was closed, & so they came home without having viewed any! Long weekend off, I suppose.
Almost time to be thinking of an evening meal. Too hot to think about cooking, so salad seems to be the best option.
Enjoy your weekend!



9 comments:

Joyce said...

You are certainly back at it with a vengance! I love the blocks and fussy cut centres is a great idea. I also noticed that the fish block has purple points in the picture taken of all the blocks. Digital cameras can do weird things once in awhile. What are you thinking of for sashing?

sara said...

That's very cute...& clever too.

Hope it cools off for you -- enjoy your weekend as well!

Angie said...

I love those bright colors, Meggie!! So glad you're getting your mojo back, girlfriend! And a drive by the ocean sounds absolutely lovely! :P

nutmeg said...

If my girls saw the makings of that quilt they'd want it too Meggie!

My dishwasher broke down the other month and I thought, Oh yes, they'll probably tell me its not worth fixing for the price. But the repairman was very helpful, fixed it up for considerably less than a new one. Sometimes, somethings are made to last. My faith was restored a litlle :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Meggie, these stars are soooo cute ! What a bright idea, indeed ! I'm sure this quilt will be cherished by a little one !

Smiles !
NADINE.

Quilting Kim said...

Meggie - I told you that you would get your mojo back. I love the bright colors in your quilt top -- it looks great. When I viewed the first photo, I thought, hmmmm...I'll bet she's making that for SG.

Ahhh, the smell of the ocean on a warm summer day sounds absolutely divine.

Jellyhead said...

That quilt is going to be a snazzy one for sure!

Glad you enjoyed the drive along by the ocean. I always feel the water is a balm for the soul.

Shelina said...

That is a really pretty quilt. I enjoy hearing complaints about the heat while I complain about the cold. There is a balance to it.

Stomper Girl said...

What a lovely happy kid's quilt. I am deeply envious of SG!